YA BookClub discussion

August 18 > Current Reads

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Harley (new)

Harley (projectbells) | 19 comments Mod
Hey everyone!

Welcome to YA BookClub! I hope this group works out well and we are able to help each other out with recommendations, keep up-to-date with the best YA releases etc, etc. To start with, what's everyone reading right now, or is there a book you just read that you loved/hated?

*insert witty sign-off here*

- Bella xx

message 2: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 17 comments I'm currently reading Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas. I'm loving the series, but it is quite challenging to read sometimes. Nothing ever goes well!

message 3: by Prachi (new)

Prachi Pati | 24 comments I just started reading The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert, 127 pages through and loving it! Also being spooked by it! Has anyone else read it?

message 4: by Harley (new)

Hi Madeline!

I've been meaning to read the Throne of Glass series for SO LONG and the series has just been sitting on my shelf untouched unfortunately, but it's high on my tbr list.

Sounds like a love/hate relationship lol, but that's just the kind of book I love. What did you think of the rest of the series?

Bella xx

message 5: by Harley (new)

Hey Prachi,

That sounds great, and actually, that's another book on my tbr, but I'm on a bit of a self-employed book-buying ban right now because I think I own more than I've read!

Although... let's be real, I'll probably buy it next month. Thanks for the recommendation!

message 6: by Harley (new)

Group Message:
Feel free to add any books you're currently reading or absolutely loved to the YA BookClub Bookshelf
---
I'm currently reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Undoubtedly amazing.

I also just finished reading Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire. I adored this book. Similar world to Ms Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, but still vastly different. This novel is quite a short read but it's a series of three, which I plan to continue reading by the end of this year.

message 7: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 17 comments Throne of Glass is an amazing series! It manages to change genre in the first few books, it has so many twists. The final book is in October, if anyone wants to read the series for then.

message 8: by Prachi (new)

Prachi Pati | 24 comments Isabella wrote: "Hey Prachi,

That sounds great, and actually, that's another book on my tbr, but I'm on a bit of a self-employed book-buying ban right now because I think I own more than I've read!

Although... le..."

Trust me, I know the torment of a book lover, when it comes to self imposed book buying bans! Most of my pocket money or savings go in buying books, or bookish products! haha

But, I just finished reading The Hazel wood, and really loved it! It was very unexpected and not something I have ever read in my life! Will post my review shortly too:) So yeah, would love to hear your thoughts next month

message 9: by Prachi (new)

Prachi Pati | 24 comments Madeline wrote: "Throne of Glass is an amazing series! It manages to change genre in the first few books, it has so many twists. The final book is in October, if anyone wants to read the series for then."

Thanks Madeline! I will add this to my TBR for the year :)

message 10: by Prachi (new)

Prachi Pati | 24 comments I just finished reading Children of Blood and Bone, and really enjoyed it. Would recommend it, if you like action packed books and lots of interesting world building about African magic clans, called majis and their fight to bring back magic. Apparently it is going to be made into a movie too :) But, was so frustrated with the cliff hanger at the end- I hope that is not a spoiler :D

message 11: by Ruby (new)

Ruby  | 3 comments I just started reading Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and I’m loving it...so far it’s amazing and I will be going straight on to the next book Crescendo :)

message 12: by Harley (new)

Prachi wrote: "I just finished reading Children of Blood and Bone, and really enjoyed it. Would recommend it, if you like action packed books and lots of interesting world building about African magic clans, call..."

I cannot wait to finally read this - it sounds so good! Are you going to write a review for this one?

message 13: by Harley (new)

Ruby wrote: "I just started reading Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and I’m loving it...so far it’s amazing and I will be going straight on to the next book Crescendo :)"

That's great! I own the series but I haven't read it yet, how are you finding it?