Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > Fangs Sister & Anna

Comments Showing 1-50 of 134 (134 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 2: by Fangs sister (last edited Aug 04, 2018 08:46PM) (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Cool found it!

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments We should probably figure out what type of powers each race of elf has, just thought about that. lol! Once that's figured out we can make our characters. How detailed are you usually for your characters?

message 4: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Most of the details for the character I usually put into the RP itself.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments At the very least I normally do name, age, and appearance, sometimes a bio.

message 6: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments That's what I usually do too.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments :) Other than figuring out the powers the different races might have I've been thinking there are more than likely half breeds between races. Wondering if we should have a certain name for them. Not that they probably matter too much for our current story we're telling.

message 8: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments I think it's a good idea, but I don't think we need to worry about them right now.
So what sort of abilities were you thinking about?

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments I just think it would be interesting if each race has certain powers/abilities they're known for.
As for what I think they should be, eh I have only rough ideas.
Sea elves would obviously be good with water, controlling it, staying under for longer periods of time, excellent swimmers, their stomachs able to handle raw fish.
Those of the jungle would have bodies that could tolerate poisons best, they would have the best agility, their bodies able to camouflage with their environment and have the ability to mimic the sounds of the animals in the jungle.
Forest elves would have the best aim, be able to communicate with animals, have some earth magic, and have the best hearing.
Desert elves would have magic that can effect the winds, have the best heat tolerance, be able to see the best in the dark, able to fun the fastest.
Those that live in the north and south pole clearly have the best tolerance for cold, have light magic, have the surest footing, have the ability to see things most others can't.

Those are just some I randomly through together. They can be changed up, discarded, or added to as needed.

message 10: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments So I think those are really good!
Should the Sea elves just have gills though? Other then that I can't really think of anything thing else. I think you pretty much nailed it.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments I'm thinking it's likely more of a magical process that helps them stay under so long. Since if they had gills I would think it would be harder for them to stay on land.

message 12: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments True. Sorry I've not been much help with this part. My brain has been being really slow the passed few days.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments That's perfectly fine. My imagination has been all over the place. Sorry for the slow replies. At least we're making progress. Honestly I don't think there's really anything else we need to figure out before starting. Unless you can think of anything?

message 14: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments I think we pretty much have everything.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments Did you want to start us off or did you want me to?

message 16: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Could you?

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments I can. Though it'll be a little bit. I'm about to head to work soon.

message 18: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Alright. It's no problem.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments Sorry, sorry. I know I'm really late on this. I haven't forgotten. Things have just been really busy and I want to do a good starting post. Friday is my next day off that will give me the best opportune time. Again sorry for the wait.

message 20: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments No worries. I very much understand.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments Alright between work and a family crisis I'm making myself finally come back from my period of being MIA. I was planning on writing for this one first when I realized we hadn't even created our characters yet. lol! At the very least I need to know what age you were planning for the princess since the siblings are suppose to be twins.

message 22: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments I was thinking around like 23 or 25 at least.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments Not the best Elf names or appearances to be sure but they'll do. XD

Name: Arkin
Type of Elf: Forest Prince/New Forest King
Appearance: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5514095...

Name: Dhanvanthri (goes by Dhan)
Type of Elf: Jungle Prince
Appearance: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5230509...

message 24: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments I think it's fine.

Name: Renna
Type of Elf: Forest princess
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/e5/ce/8b/e5...

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments Arkin sat in what used to be his father's throne. His throne now. It still overwhelmed him some just thinking about it. What was worse though was the unrest his father's death had brought to the kingdom. There was no denying that Aeric had been murdered. By who or even what other kingdom was up for speculation. There was certainly plenty of that going around currently. Enough to give a new king migraines for days. Arkin was just glad he had his wife, Navina by his side. How she managed to keep a level head herself while being so long pregnant Arkin would never know but he was very grateful indeed for it.
Given the current state of things Arkin knew he needed to come up with a good plan to bring the people back together in this time of unrest. He had given serious thought to many different possibilities but always found himself coming back to the only one he felt might actually work. Well so long as fate could make the impossible work. The thought making Arkin smirk before looking to the guard nearest to him. "Send for my sister. Send for Renna." Arkin commands.

message 26: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Renna had felt it hard to leave her room, since her father died. She was worried about her brother, things had only started to escalate and she wondered what he would do. How could he calm the people now? Everyone placing blame on each other, it did nothing to help the situation, though she had an idea of who it was. It was hard to think any other people could have done it given. Thinking all of this, she heard a knock come to her door. She was being summoned by her brother. They had not talked much since he had taken the throne, his duties keeping him busy. Following behind the guard, she only worried more as to what he needed of her.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments "Ah, my dear sister. You're looking lovely as ever. Thank you for coming." Arkin addresses her after she comes into the throne room and stands before him. Though their positions had changed greatly it still reminded him of times when they were younger when he'd try to shower her in compliments to try and get her to do something. Right now he needed to send out as many compliments as he could. Even still he was bracing himself for how she would react. "I'm sure I don't need to tell you that our kingdom is in dire need of a change. One that might bring our people back together again. As my ever loyal sister I'm sure you wouldn't mind helping with that would you? Since as luck would have it I have just the plan in mind but it requires your help." Arkin starts to explain. Hoping once he finished that she would understand the importance of what it was he was asking of her.

message 28: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments She managed a smile as she saw him, though it was still strange to see him sitting in there father's throne. She doubted she would ever get used to that. She listened to him speak, he had a plan to help the kingdom? What could she do to help? She wasn't sure she could be of any kind of help, there had to be others more qualified then her. But he had asked for her personally, whatever it was he needed she was the one he thought of. She didn't want to disappoint him, he was still her brother after all.
"Of course, brother." She smiled and nodded her head. "If it will bring our people together again, I will do what I can to help."

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments "It's good to hear you say so." Especially since Arkin knew she really wasn't going to like what he was about to say next. "Dhanvanthri, son of Thanasis, is heir to the jungle throne. It would also seem that he is just as against getting himself married as you are considering he's still very much unwed. Obviously things are tense right now between our people and theirs. So to help mend this I have invited the jungle prince here to our kingdom. In the hope that perhaps he might help to unite our two kingdoms." Arkin finally adds. "I have talked with Thanasis, and he believes it an excellent idea as well." So long as Renna could manage to hold her tongue and not offend the prince long enough for there to perhaps be a spark made between the two. Arkin could hope for as much anyway even if it wasn't realistic. "All I ask is that you at least try Renna. Think of our kingdom. Right now they need this." Hating to try and guilt her into it but currently the new king was desperate for this to work. The only thing standing in the way was a fairly headstrong sister.

message 30: by Fangs sister (last edited Aug 18, 2018 02:47PM) (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Hearing what his plan was, what he meant to do. Her first instinct was to reject the idea, she had made it clear a long time ago she had no intention of ever being married. And she definitely was not interested in marrying a jungle elf, especially if they had anything to do with murdering there father. But now she stood there, in front of her brother, no he was king now. And brother or not she could only imagine if she said no he would only order her to anyway. As opposed as she was to this, for now she would go along with his plan. She steadied herself, before she answered. Knowing if she didn't she would end up saying what she wanted to say.
"If this is what it will take to unite the people again, then I will do it for the kingdom." Though even as she said the words, she wished she could take them back. Even if this could make peace between the peoples, it didn't mean she would have to be happy about it.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments As much as he'd like for that to be the only news she needed to digest Arkin had a bit more and it wasn't bound to make her night any better.
"I'm grateful to hear that. He'll be arriving tonight with whatever entourage he's choosing to bring. I'd like for you to be there with me when he arrives to greet him properly." Arkin knew he shouldn't have to ask. It was after all what was expected of a princess in the first place. Still he knew he was already asking a lot of her and he really didn't want her retaliating by not showing up. Not expecting things to go swimmingly to start but hoping if she gave the jungle prince a chance...

message 32: by Fangs sister (last edited Aug 19, 2018 09:49PM) (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments "Tonight...!" She chirped, not expecting to have to meet him so soon. But she quickly stopped herself, she would have to come and now that he formally asked, there was no way for her to not be there. She could already tell this night was going to be difficult for her. On top of finding out she would have to marry someone she didn't know, it was the jungle prince. And she would have to make nice. Which she knew she could make no promises about. Things were going to be a bit tense. "Of course." She nodded her head slightly. "I will get ready for his arrival."

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments "I greatly appreciate your understanding on this matter. I only hope that the eventually unity will bring peace for everyone." Arkin hating knowing that he was likely sacrificing his sister's happiness but as the king now he also knew he had to make hard choices. Sacrifices had to be made. Dismissing her so that she could get ready. Knowing he needed to get ready as well. Heading to his rooms to put on the proper attire. Readying his speech. There wasn't much time Arkin knew before the jungle prince would be here.

message 34: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Getting back to her room, she stood there for a moments. Gathering her thoughts and trying to wrap her head around everything that just happened. Was this really happening? She felt as though it should be a dream, that any moment she would wake up. But that moment didn't come as she got herself ready. How could he do this, she thought to herself, wasn't there another way? He was giving her life for the kingdom basically, she had no other option, he hadn't given her a choice in the matter.

message 35: by Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (last edited Aug 21, 2018 01:53PM) (new)

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments Dhan still couldn't believe he was actually going through with this. What had his father gotten him into now? Dhan couldn't even be surprised by it when his father gave him the news. He'd even tried to stress how important this was for the kingdom to him. The rebellious son of the jungle king. The prince who was still yet to be married. Dhan knew his father wanted him to settle down. Act the prince that his father had always wanted. Yet Dhan had never been good at doing that. So why was he heading now to the forest kingdom? It certainly wasn't for marriage. No. Dhan wanted to defend his people. He knew what the forest elves must be thinking right now and they were wrong. He was certain his people had nothing to do with what had happened to the forest king, and he'd prove it. Some how. Looking to his two closest friends. Oeric, his personal guard. The two had literally grown up together. Then there was Zyanya, his personal spy. She would be the one to help him find out the truth. The forest elves were not going to get away with blaming his people this time.

Oeric- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5230509...
Zyanya- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/5230509...

message 36: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Renna looked herself over in her mirror, it was nearly close to time for her meet her brother, to greet the prince. The one she was supposed to marry. She shook her head, deciding that what she had on would have to do. Thinking that it would be to late for her to change if her brother didn't like it. She took in a deep breath, glancing herself over once more before she headed to meet Arkin. She knew her attire wasn't a big enough protest for her situation, but at least she would get her point across.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments Arkin wasn't sure if there was some kind of silent protest going on or not but he was sure that Renna had nicer gowns. He wouldn't have been surprised if she was doing such a thing. Arkin simply gave her a look when she made her entrance again but said nothing about it. Besides there was little point. Arkin could only hope that Renna decided to be nice for the prince, since it was clear she wasn't going to go out of her way to make herself over for him. Arkin leading the way outside, gently taking Renna's arm to keep her at his side while the staff followed behind them to greet the jungle prince. They didn't have to wait long. Arkin watching a fancy carriage make its way towards the castle. Before the prince could even step out some trumpets sounded his arrival. A servant opening the carriage door as they all watched the jungle prince step out. Along with two others that followed shortly after.
"Thank you prince Dhanvanthri, of the jungle elves, for coming to stay with us for awhile. It is truly an honor. I am Arkin, the new reigning forest king and this is the princess Renna." Arkin introduces them. The prince seeming to look them over with not too much interest before respectfully giving out his own introduction.
"It is good to finally meet you both. As you already know who I am let me introduce my two personal guards, Oeric and Zyanya. I don't leave home without them. They are my most trusted friends." Dhanvanthri explains.
"Of course. They are welcome here as well. I'll have two rooms prepared for them as well. I only hope that they enjoy their stay." Arkin tells the prince and his guards, though he didn't think the woman looked like a typical guard. Still now was not the time to be calling anyone a liar. "Please, wont you come in. We're having a feast prepared in your honor."
"Thank you. We are quite famished after such a long journey and in need of a change of attire." Dhanvanthri explains.
"I'll have a servant show you to your rooms so you might freshen up before dinner." Arkin offers.
"That would be most appreciated." The prince agrees. Arkin snapping his fingers and getting a servant over at once to do just that.

message 38: by Fangs sister (last edited Aug 22, 2018 02:53PM) (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Seeing the look she was given, she knew he understood. She watched as the carriage pulled up, and she couldn't help but stiffen a bit. If Arkin hadn't been holding her arm she felt she probably would have just as easily ran back inside. He was actually here now, it was actually happening. She watched as he exited his carriage, looking between all three of them carefully. She couldn't help but notice that he didn't seem all that interested in being there. When she was introduced, she didn't really move. It was all she could do not to just pull away and yell that she couldn't do this. But she knew what would happen if she did, and she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of even the jungle prince. She managed to snap out of her terrible thoughts long enough to say what she was supposed to, though a bit begrudgingly.
"We will be awaiting you in the dinning hall." She nodded her head ever so slightly. "The guards can show you the way when you are ready."

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments Considering she clearly hadn't wanted to be there Arkin had to give his sister some credit, she had handled herself well enough. Taking her arm once more for show as they headed to the dinning hall to wait for their honorable guests. "Well they look nice enough." He comments to her nonchalantly. "I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to talk to the prince about. Especially since he'll be sitting next to you tonight." Feeling it was only right to warn her beforehand.

message 40: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments She froze for a half second before she realized she had to keep walking. She didn't know how much more of this she could take before she lost it. She wasn't sure what possible things they could have in common, and sitting next to him, she would have to keep herself in check even more so. Right now she just needed to focus on this night, and getting through it. No matter if she didn't like it she could get through every other day if she could do this. Walking into the dinning hall she resisted stopping and looking at the two chairs, as she went over and sat down in hers.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments Great! Dhan didn't even know what he was suppose to talk to the forest royals about. Maybe the years of unfair blame they had put on his people? Or maybe all those centuries ago when they had tried to enslave some of the jungle elves? There just seemed to be so many good topics to choose from. Oeric helping him to get dressed for the evening. Honestly Dhan much preferred his riding attire to getting all fancy like this.
"Oeric, I'll have to talk about something." Wondering if his friend had any idea.
"The weather is always a nice general one. Or how lovely your potential bride looks tonight." Oeric adds with a sly smile.
"Don't go there, Oeric. You already know how I feel about the matter. Besides as far as I'm concerned we're not here for that anyway. Only to make it look like we are. Hopefully tonight Zyanya will be able to look over the area where they've said the murder happened. If there's anything to still be found there I trust her to find it." Dhan knowing she was quite skilled in doing so. His mind going back to his earlier thoughts only to realize he really didn't have many options. "Here's hoping my 'bride' has some good discussion topics." He mentions instead, though not sounding at all convinced. Meeting up with Zyanya in the hall after getting dressed and having one of the castle staff show them to the dining hall. Greeting their new king again respectfully before going to his next to the princess. His friends taking a seat at one of the front tables.
"A toast to prince Dhanvanthri, of the jungle elves. It's truly an honor to have you hear tonight." Arkin says in toast, getting everyone to stand a moment for it before all sat back down and the meal commenced.

message 42: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Renna sat waiting, although it wasn't a very long wait it felt an eternity. She didn't even really look up as he came in, standing just long enough for her brother to finish his toast and then being the first one to sit back down. An honor for who? Her mind was a jumble as she sat there trying to figure out exactly what she would even being to say. Something along the lines of how great it was that they were being forced together, popped into her mind first. Just stick to something light, she told herself, something that wont get you into trouble.
"I...hope your trip here wasn't to tiring." She manged. She had never been good with conversation to begin with, but at least it was something to start with.

message 43: by Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (last edited Aug 26, 2018 01:06PM) (new)

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments Dhan tried to look at ease as he sat down. Even if in reality it felt like him and his friends had been put inside a lion's den. Surrounded by enemies he was grateful at least that he had two people he could count on. Picking absentmindedly at his first course when the princess decided to attempt a conversation. As much as Dhan wasn't interested in getting to know her he knew the role he was suppose to play. Looking over at her and offering a smile that didn't fully reach his eyes.
"It was fairly dull." Dhan admits. "I hope the wait for me to arrive wasn't too excruciating." It was a joke but one he had no hope of getting a laugh from. He wasn't fool enough to believe that she was happy he was here anymore than he was.
"So other than murdering people what all do you do for fun around here?" Dhan willingly believing that the life of a forest elf must be the most boring indeed.

message 44: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments She really did try to make herself laugh at his joke, but all she came up with was a sort of smile, that was more of a pity smile then anything. Was he really making jokes? His last question was what got her, she froze moving things around on her plate. All of her self control from before seemed to melt away as she took in a slow, quiet breath to get it back. She managed to just hold on to it a bit longer, but there was clearly some still in her voice.
"There's...plenty to do." She thought of what to tell him. Some of the things there was no way she could say out loud. Since they were not befitting a princess. "I...like to ride my horse." She offered instead of climbing and swimming in the pond. "It's nice and peaceful."

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments He couldn't stop himself before snorting. Riding. A horse? Didn't they have anything more interesting to ride than a boring old horse? He supposed not. Then of course there was the fact that the only thing she could suggest to do was go riding in the first place. Dhan could practically feel Oeric's stare from here, combined that with the princess's angry one he knew he had to try and quickly make nice.
"Riding eh? Where do you usually like to ride to? What are the best views the elven forest kingdom has to offer?" He asks her, almost in challenge. Thinking on the wondrous views his homeland had to offer. Sights that could leave an elf breathless.

message 46: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Before he even let out his snort she knew what she sounded like. Some boring princess who only did what she was told. But what was she doing now? She stopped herself from narrowing her eyes, she was always ready to take someones challenge.
"It's better if you see it for yourself." She explained. "Nothing I say could do it justice. "But if I must describe it..." She thought of how best to put it. "There's a trail, a path were the trees are all curved in the middle. "The sweet pea grows everywhere all different colors, and the smell just fills the air...." She trailed off, clearing her throat. "It's really pretty." She finished, for some reason feeling sort of embarrassed. She hadn't ever had to describe it to anyone before, and now she was describing it to him.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments For a moment there Dhan felt as if he had been entranced. He found himself just staring at her as she explained the spot she normally went to. He finally shook himself out of it when she finished. Not sure what had come over him while listening to her. Just the way she had talked with so much passion about the location. She had made it sound like a place worth visiting. Sure that most others would of made it sound like some boring spot in the forest that grew sweet peas, but she had made it sound... Alive. It truly had been amazing.
"Sounds nice." Dhan finally managed to say out of his shock. "I suppose we'll have to visit it then when time provides." It wasn't something that would obviously happen tonight but for how long he was expected to stay he was sure they would find time to do so in the days ahead. "I mean, if you'd be so inclined to take me there?" Realizing it wasn't exactly something he should expect the princess to want to be a part of. Even if her and her brother were the hosts essentially for his stay.

message 48: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments Visit it together? She didn't usually bring people, of course whenever she did it was just the guards she was forced to bring with her. And they always seemed to hurry her a long. But he did seem to be interested in it, even if she didn't want to be alone with him again she was a bit curious to see his reaction. If she had to spend time with him, at least it could be in a place that she liked and found soothing. That way she would find it an easier time to be nice to him, and not struggle like she was now.
"I would like that." She nodded her head slightly.

Anna N.~God, Keep My Head Above Water (illyria18) | 1088 comments "That at least gives us one thing to do." Dhan tells her jokingly. Trying to let his lighter side out that didn't hold any resentment or anger. He doubted she had anything to do with her own father's murder, but at the same time he wouldn't doubt it if she blamed his people for it.
"I'll look forward to it." He adds honestly. Maybe such a place would help him think better in this foreign land. Feeling in a bit of a better mood and actually eating some from his second course. Thinking something on his part that might help pass some time as well and get to know this new king along with the princess.
"Are you much of a hunter, your highness?" Dhan asks Arkin.
"I'm considered one of the best." Arkin boasts a bit. Already seeing where the prince was going with the line of thought. "We'll have to have a hunting party while you're here. See how well you can match against us simple tree elves."
"We will indeed." Dhan agrees, smiling back at the king. It would be in good sport. Just hoping the king didn't think that Dhan would try to kill him during it.

message 50: by Fangs sister (new)

Fangs sister (fangssister) | 3115 comments She managed not to laugh or roll her eyes at her brothers boasts, of course he wasn't that bad, but he wasn't the best either. At least she didn't think so. She wasn't allowed to go on the actual hunts, but it didn't stop her from going on her own sometimes. Not as often as she wanted, considering there was always somebodies eyes on her. The things she was meant to do didn't interest her, be a lady was what she heard all the time when she was little. She pressed her lips together, wondering for a moment why he would want to go hunting with her brother. She continued poking at her food, not really interested in eating. She was to concerned with everything else, she knew her stomach probably wouldn't even allow her to keep it down.

« previous 1 3