What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Spy in the Silver Palace (Empire of Talents, #1)
This topic is about The Spy in the Silver Palace
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA high fantasy w/ court intrigue; MC is a young female criminal impersonating a princess. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (sarahthescribbler) | 2 comments I've never read this book; it's brand new. I saw it on my GR feed recently but can't for the life of me remember either the title or the author.

It's the first book in a series. The story follows a girl with a criminal past, who needs to impersonate a princess for her current mission. I believe that the girl has magical powers but I'm not sure. The princess being impersonated is also a character, as is a young man with a different magical gift who becomes attracted to the imposter princess.

Some of my GR friends described this book as similar to works by Gail Carson Levine or Sherwood Smith's Crown & Court duology.

The cover art is a prettily-edited photo (probably by Larry Rostant or Clif Nielsen) of the MC, half in her black street clothes, half in her princess gown. The background is purple, and there's a swirl of flame or orange magic behind the heroine.

I think the word "crown" is contained either in the book or series' title.

Sierra I. I believe the book you're talking about is Spy in the Silver Palace by Jordan Rivet, though the second book, Impostor with a Crown, has more to do with the plot and title you mentioned. Hope that helps! :)

message 4: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah (sarahthescribbler) | 2 comments @Sierra and @Rosa - thank you so much! That's it! 😁

Sierra I. Sarah wrote: "@Sierra and @Rosa - thank you so much! That's it! 😁"

Glad I can help! :)