Ink and Paper Blog discussion

Currently Reading > Currently Reading - August 2018

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russell (new)

Russell | 166 comments Mod
Hello everyone! How is your August reading starting? I have just finished Conversations with Friends by Sally Rooney - which may become my favorite book of all time. I loved it so very much. I just started Improvement by Joan Silber - a book that won a lot awards but I seem to have missed! So far so good. Has anyone read it?

What are you reading in August? Any books that you must get done?

Russell

message 2: by Autumn (new)

Autumn B | 4 comments So I finished kiss of the spider woman amazing loved it. Now really want to see the movie.
So now going to read the waves by Virginia Woolf and the beginning of the world in the middle of the night by Jen Campbell.
Happy Reading!

message 3: by Russell (new)

Russell | 166 comments Mod
Well I can second and third all of those books. I am so glad you loved Spider Woman! So good! Jen's book is amazing too. It is dark and fairy tale and amazing. I need to read The Waves myself. I is sitting idly on my shelf. Happy Reading to you too.

message 4: by Rita (new)

Rita Boudiwan | 1 comments I need to get conversations with friends now ! I just read two books actually, the Paris winter which was super good! A historical fiction thriller set in Paris 1909. Also finished the mothers which was a beautiful book as well - got it based on ur recommendation too :) and I am now almost finished reading tin man and so far so good, although I don’t think it has really been living up to the hype so far, I can see why everyone loves it though and it is definitely heartbreaking and heartwarming.

message 5: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodyforsythe) This is Me by Chrissy Metz

message 6: by Gayle (new)

Gayle (gpenrod) | 14 comments Need to finish Pachinko -- really enjoying so far! Also currently reading The Perfect Weapon nonfiction by David Sanger.

message 7: by Dipti (new)

Dipti | 4 comments I am currently reading The Essex serpent by Sarah Perry. Also I saw your July wrap up and found Suicide Club very interesting so I put a library hold on the book. Turns out there are too many people in queue and now it’s 10 weeks away! I’m definitely not reading that in August..lol.

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (booksnchill) | 11 comments Almost finished with my first on the Man Booker long list- The Mars Room. Then 6 library holds came in at once so spoiled for choice here but probably starting with Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon as it has been all over british book tube and I am very curious!

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 6 comments I’m reading the second book in the Broken Earth trilogy, The Obelisk Gate. Would love to finish that series up this week.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1 comments I am currently in the middle of Kudos by Rachel Cusk which is part of the TOB Summer Reading Challenge but have gotten distracted by this month's debut novel Sorry to Disrupt the Peace by Patty Yumi Cottrell. So good. Enjoying it.

message 11: by Denise (new)

Denise (deesbooknook) (deesbooknook) | 2 comments Just finished reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman and I really enjoyed it! Now I'm planning on starting To th e Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf. I'm really looking forward to starting it today.

message 12: by Rob625 (new)

Rob625 | 5 comments I just finished Mr Mercedes by Stephen king and started The Keeper of lost things