Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader Available (Short Stories or <30k Novellas Only Please!)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat (last edited Mar 30, 2020 05:56PM) (new)

Kat (amoyyy) | 7 comments Update: Booked up until May/June 2020.

I'm available to beta read short stories or novellas under 30k words. Please read more about me and my preferences below. Thank you!

I'm an aspiring editor available to take on a couple of projects this spring. I'm semi-active in different fandoms as a beta reader of fanfiction, though I've worked with original fiction as well. I have beta read and/or edited several novels after posting here! :)

I won't charge you for beta reading, but if you are happy with my efforts, I would appreciate your feedback on working with me.

I'm interested in reading crime/suspense fiction, horror, mystery, thriller and M/M romance. I like reading about vampires, BDSM, political intrigue, the mafia and moral dilemmas. I don't enjoy reading teen fiction, sci-fi and fantasy that much (sorry, folks!) and generally don't do well with religious themes or nonfiction. I don't mind erotica, but I dislike love triangles and ABO dynamics.

That's about it. If you've made it this far and we're a match, feel free to PM me about your story. Please include word count, synopsis and what you need from me as a beta reader. Happy writing and thanks for reading!

message 2: by Hailey (new)

Hailey Sawyer | 59 comments Hi there. Are you interested in doing beta readings of individual chapters?

message 3: by Kat (new)

Kat (amoyyy) | 7 comments Hailey wrote: "Hi there. Are you interested in doing beta readings of individual chapters?"

Yes, sure! Feel free to PM me.

message 4: by A (new)

A Holding | 7 comments Hi Hailey,

I have a novel ready for a beta reader. It's a comic fantasy, YA crossover with Adult. At around 600 pages it's longer than you prefer but I thought I'd see if you're interested! If you are let me know and I'll fire over a synopsis. Many thanks. Steve

message 5: by Lizet (new)

Lizet Engelbrecht | 15 comments Hi Kat,
If you are still available with openings I really can do with some help. I have done a Developmental Edit, a paid BR, and a Line Edit but because my home-language isn't English a proofread could only benefit my work. Thank you.
Title : Trinity: Victory, Friendship or Loyalty
Words: 75 000
Genre: Fantasy YA
Please email me at Lizet.darling@yahoo.com, if you are interested.
(Lizet(dot)darling@yahoo(dot)com

message 6: by Kat (last edited Oct 16, 2018 11:50PM) (new)

Kat (amoyyy) | 7 comments Quick update: Clicking pause on my availability for the time being. Once I'm back and ready to read more, I'll post here. Thanks!

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat (amoyyy) | 7 comments Update: I'm available to beta read 1-2 short stories or novellas under 30k words in November and December. Please read the post above for more info. Thank you! :))

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

How about merfolk-mermaids and mermen I have a short story collection.

message 9: by Kat (new)

Kat (amoyyy) | 7 comments BL wrote: "How about merfolk-mermaids and mermen I have a short story collection."

I LOVE MERFOLK! It would be my pleasure to read your story collection. Feel free to PM me anytime :)

message 10: by Gordon (new)

Gordon Phillips | 7 comments Hi Kat:

I am a fairly new writer of MM Romance, published with JMS Books:

https://www.jms-books.com/gordon-phil...

If you would like to see something of my writing, to decide whether you would be interested in beta reading my unpublished works, let me know and I can send you one of these.

Contact me at: gordonphillipswrites@gmail.com

Sincerely,
Gordon Phillips

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 101 comments Hey Kat! My name is also Kat, lol :)

Here's the gist of my story:

"How the Viscount Lost His Bride" is set in 1845 on the wedding day of Alexander, Viscount Belgrave, and Lady Della, daughter to the Count of Pennmore. The stuffy Alexander believes he'll soon find his idea of wedded bliss, despite Della's past indiscretions.

But when the bride's mother bursts into Alexander's study to say Della has gone missing, he goes on a search to find his bride's heart belongs elsewhere.

This story is a little over 3.7k words. I'm looking to see if there's too much/too little detail in the scenery, dialogue, character likability, and the overall plot.

Please contact me if you're interested in reading! katdevittauthor@gmail.com

Thank you,
Kat Devitt