Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Historical Fiction, WWII Poland

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ChessPawn (new)

ChessPawn | 140 comments Hello, I'm looking for historical fiction fans to help give me some feedback on my manuscript. Here is a summary:

In August, 1944, the people of Warsaw make the fateful decision to strike back against their German occupiers for control of the city. However, for former fencing instructor Anatoli Ryszkowski, what might have been a chance to fight for a life without fear has become even more dangerous.
Several months earlier, Anatoli was arrested for his activity with the Polish underground army, and his German captors soon realized that his love for his adopted son, Pavel, as well as for his courier, Malgorzata, could be bent to their own advantage. The choice he was given was simple: to tell the German prison commandant everything he knew about his underground network, or lose the son he cared for as his own.

Every day the German siege worsens, and Anatoli must decide to what lengths he is capable of going to protect the only family he has left.

It's on the long side, around 118k

I am totally open to swaps. Just tell me a little about your own project (short summary, approximate word count). If your project sounds interesting, I am happy to read out of genre, I enjoy lots of different books. However, for readers of my manuscript, I prefer those who have an interest in historical fiction in general, preferable those who like WWII novels or novels about Polish/East-central Europe/Slavic history. =)

Warnings: descriptions of wartime violence, injuries, imprisonment. (Scenes taking place in a German Secret Police prison)
Brief language
No explicate sexual content

Please leave me a memo here or email me at AWCardiff@gmail.com

Thanks, hope to hear from you!

message 2: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Rayne | 199 comments Mod
Hey! If you aren't in a rush to have feedback, I can read. My grandmother and her cousins lived in the Warsaw ghettos so I'm very familiar with the stories of that time and place.

message 3: by ChessPawn (new)

ChessPawn | 140 comments Dakota wrote: "Hey! If you aren't in a rush to have feedback, I can read. My grandmother and her cousins lived in the Warsaw ghettos so I'm very familiar with the stories of that time and place."

Hi Dakota,

That would be fantastic, I would love your feedback. Would you like to get in touch by email? I can send the manuscript either in sections, or all at once, and can do a word doc or pdf, whichever you prefer.

My email is AWCardiff@gmail.com
Thanks!
Anna

message 4: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Rayne | 199 comments Mod
Hello!

I just sent you an email :)