Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Giveaways Revolution

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shomeret (last edited Aug 04, 2018 12:13PM) (new)

Shomeret | 138 comments Stephan wrote: "Giveaways Revolution

Like many authors who tried the giveaways program I was disappointed to find out that many Goodread's members collect books without the intention to read the books they have w..."

Authors who want changes in Goodreads policy, need to post to the Goodreads Author Feedback group at https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/... which is an official author suggestions group. Goodreads Authors/Readers is not an official group.

As a blogger who wins books on GR giveaways, I have to say that this would probably be a beneficial rule change. Starting this year I have been trying to prioritize my giveaway wins for reviews, but I get behind due to other review commitments. If I knew that I had to post a review by a specific date, I would schedule the review like I do requests from publishers and publicists.

message 2: by J. Daniel (new)

J. Daniel Layfield (jdaniellayfield) | 8 comments Asking for a review in exchange for a free copy is against Amazon’s TOS

message 3: by Stephan (new)

Stephan | 23 comments Shomeret wrote: "Stephan wrote: "Giveaways Revolution

Like many authors who tried the giveaways program I was disappointed to find out that many Goodread's members collect books without the intention to read the b..."

Thank you guardian,
Got it, thanks... i'll post the discussion over there....

message 4: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 138 comments J. Daniel wrote: "Asking for a review in exchange for a free copy is against Amazon’s TOS"

It's not against Goodreads TOS. Goodreads may be owned by Amazon, but it's a separate entity with separate rules.

message 5: by J. Daniel (new)

J. Daniel Layfield (jdaniellayfield) | 8 comments Most authors asking for reviews are looking to get them on Amazon. I just thought it was worth pointing out that any requirement for leaving a review would make that review ineligible to be posted on Amazon.

message 6: by C.E. (new)

C.E. Gee | 182 comments Aphelion Webzine in their Flash Fiction Department for August 2018 has published the SCIENCE FICTION story “FORESIGHT” by C.E. Gee.

This story takes just one minute to read!

If you’re interested in Russian meddling in elections, fascism’s impact on history, the paranormal, much more, perhaps this story is for you.

Please GOTO http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/flash...

message 7: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2165 comments Given Amazon's recent crackdown on removing book reviews, this really isn't a good idea, even more then when it was originally posted.