What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy, possibly Y/A: A British (?) teen boy travels to a new land in his dreams, something about rock climbing on a mountain or waterfall, and something about a small room with a wardrobe. Read somewhere between 2006-2014

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by George (new)

George Burdick-Espinel | 3 comments Also, I think there was some sort of earthquake/sonic boom while he was scaling/rock climbing with a mentor figure. The mentor was also a sleep traveler I think?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Holland | 124 comments That sounds like the The Lives of Christopher Chant, by Diana Wynne Jones. (excellent book series)

Do you remember anything about a girl he met who was treated as a goddess? Or mermaids?

message 3: by George (new)

George Burdick-Espinel | 3 comments Sarah wrote: "That sounds like the The Lives of Christopher Chant, by Diana Wynne Jones. (excellent book series)

Do you remember anything about a girl he met who was treated as a goddess? Or merma..."

Hmm I just read up on the description of the plot and it sounds really similar I think? I'll have to check the book out and see but I think it may be. Thanks.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33461 comments Mod
Wikipedia.org has plot summaries (with spoilers) of the Chrestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones - Sarah's suggestion. Click the link for each book title. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chresto...

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16206 comments George, was The Lives of Christopher Chant your book?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Lives of Christopher Chant (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Diana Wynne Jones (other topics)