2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Tammy's August Reading Plan

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammy (last edited Aug 18, 2018 11:23AM) (new)

Tammy | 44 comments After seeing everyone else's plan, I'm a little intimidated with the amount of books that this group reads. It is amazing! I love looking at the titles.

Mine will be a short list but hopefully I can finish all of them. Some are over 800 + pages and take me a little longer to read & some I read for work are super short.

To Read and/or complete...

Wheel of Time Series Books 2 & 3
The Great Hunt
- The Dragon Reborn

Dresden Files - Book 8 & Short Stories
- Proven Guilty
✔ I am a Teenage Bigfoot
✔ Something Borrowed

Harry Potter - Book 5
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Agatha Raisin - Book 1
-The Quiche of Death

Math Books - Sir Cumference
Sir Cumference and the Sword in the Cone
Sir Cumference and the Isle of Immeter

message 2: by Christina T (new)

Christina T (crysteena73) | 525 comments The Wheel of Time series contains some serious tomes! If you get just those read this month you'll be my hero LOL.

message 3: by Tammy (last edited Aug 04, 2018 12:59AM) (new)

Tammy | 44 comments lol! I am rereading the first 5 books that I read years ago in anticipation to finally finishing the series. I absolutely love them but they do take awhile. :)

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10526 comments Mod
Hey, ignore our reading levels!!! Some of us are retired and others have killer commutes that allow for major reading opportunities. But no matter the quantity, it’s all about the quality of the reading experience. That’s all we’re really concerned about.

Now, your list...

You’ve some great fantasy titles here! Looking forward to your feedback on them as I don’t have much experience in the genre. I keep saying I’ll start Harry Potter on audio....

Enjoy your reading!

message 5: by Jessika (new)

Jessika (jessika_56) Uh oh, I think I just might have to add the Sir Cumference books to my list, they look cute (and are on scribd, yay!)

Jonetta's right, we're at all different paces. Some people read a lot in one month, and others (like me) make a list of 10 books and only read 4. I was intimidated when I first joined, but everyone is so friendly that it's easy to make progress at my own pace. Enjoy!

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10526 comments Mod
So glad you’re feeling this way, Jessika! We’re glad you’re here and you, too, Tammy.

message 7: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 44 comments Jessika wrote: "Uh oh, I think I just might have to add the Sir Cumference books to my list, they look cute (and are on scribd, yay!)

Start with Sir Cumference and the Round Table- It is super cute. So far they have all been. My students love all the puns. :)

message 8: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 44 comments Jonetta wrote: "So glad you’re feeling this way, Jessika! We’re glad you’re here and you, too, Tammy."

Thank you so much!! :)

message 9: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2190 comments Tammy, I'm a huge Dresden Files fan. I keep hoping a new title will come out. It's been a long time.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1289 comments The next book in the series (#16) is Peace Talks, but the author still hasn't posted a release date. To tide us over till then he released Brief Cases, which has 11 short stories.
Brief Cases (The Dresden Files, #15.1) by Jim Butcher

message 11: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2190 comments I'll have to get my hands on Brief Cases. I'm definitely going through withdrawl.

message 12: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 44 comments Robin wrote: "Tammy, I'm a huge Dresden Files fan. I keep hoping a new title will come out. It's been a long time."

That's awesome!! My best friend and I are also! I'm really enjoying the books. As for the short stories, I have downloaded both Brief Cases and Side Jobs and after each book, I read the short stories that are around that time period. They have been great so far! :)

message 13: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1046 comments Tammy wrote: "lol! I am rereading the first 5 books that I read years ago in anticipation to finally finishing the series. I absolutely love them but they do take awhile. :)"

I should do that to, or maybe just start at book 6 since I already read the first 5 books twice.