What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Science Fiction, possibly Young Reader Earth's representative in fight to the death against aliens in public library

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barry (last edited Aug 04, 2018 12:35AM) (new)

Barry (sirtwist2) | 5 comments Greetings,
I am looking for a book about a guy who wakes up in a library, possibly the main location for the New York City Public Library. He is possibly older teens or young to mid twenties. He discovers he is Earths' candidate in a fight to the death against representatives of multiple alien civilizations. He may have a animal companion. He also has some way of getting info about what's going on, possibly some kind of flying computer? I think I read it in the early 2000, I don't think it was very old at that time, possibly late 1990s or early 2000.

Thanks for any help!

message 2: by kelgar01 (new)

kelgar01 | 183 comments Matthew Reilly has the book Contest which is about a man in a library fighting aliens.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
kelgar01's suggestion of Contest by Matthew Reilly also came to mind. The guy is a doctor and he's trapped in the library with his young daughter Holly.

message 4: by Barry (new)

Barry (sirtwist2) | 5 comments Sounds right, except I don’t remember his daughter!

Thanks for the responses!

message 5: by Kris (last edited Aug 05, 2018 07:20AM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Hmm, I wonder if Contest by Matthew Reilly is your book. His young daughter is a prominent character.

Here's the Google Books preview - https://books.google.ca/books?id=Co0U... There are different cover images.

Should we mark your request as Solved, Possibly Solved, or Unsolved?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited Oct 13, 2021 07:09PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Barry, are you still looking for this? Or....did you find it? Was it "Contest"? This definitely sounds like Contest. I read it about 2 years ago and I had almost forgotten the daughter too.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Contest (other topics)
Contest (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Matthew Reilly (other topics)