Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > Physical or E-book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 204 (204 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Sassy Sedusa (new)

Sassy Sedusa | 1537 comments Which do you prefer?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Bowe (sarahsbookstack) Physical

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 619 comments Physical all the way!

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 126 comments Physical! 📚

message 5: by Maryaninya (new)

Maryaninya (marianinia) | 1 comments BOOK. There is no other way.

message 6: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (joannaky00) Physical! It doesn't hurt my eyes when I read for a long time and I never have to fear about what happens when I have low battery. The only downside is that it might accidentally get folded in my bag....

message 7: by Aida ☾ (new)

Aida ☾ (itsamangotree) | 398 comments Physical books. They don't hurt my eyes and it's easier to carry a book I'm my bag without worrying it gets stolen.

message 8: by Kdbrand (new)

Kdbrand Physical! I love the smell and touch of actual pages.

Lora (on hiatus) | 227 comments PHYSICAL!!!

message 10: by Julia (last edited Aug 04, 2018 07:58AM) (new)

Julia | 114 comments Only physical books for me! I love the smell of them and the satisfaction of turning the pages. And I love getting to lug around 1000 page books and looking like a super genius for reading so much! ;)

message 11: by Mirre (new)

Mirre | 1 comments Depends on the genre of the book and the reading time to be honest. For me physical is best for the “reading before bed” wind down. But I read most in transit in which case an e-book on my phone is easier! And with that comes the genres I prefer to read at those times

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 56 comments I will happily switch between the two. I usually have both on the go because I like a physical book but often e-books are more convenient like if I'm reading at night and my boyfriend wants to sleep!

message 13: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) | 80 comments I prefer physical but I will happily read an Ebook so it doesn't really matter too much to me.

I just want BOOKS and with Ebooks I can have thousands....all on my tablet!

message 14: by Stella (last edited Aug 04, 2018 10:03AM) (new)

Stella | 108 comments I love physical and collecting books but it's so expensive and I read really fast so I just use my kindle paperwhite most of the time! Also, kindle paperwhites aren't harsh on the eyes and have a long battery life because they don't have internet and don't need wifi all the time!

message 15: by QueenAgain (new)

QueenAgain | 29 comments Physical

message 16: by Shushan (new)

Shushan | 9 comments Physical. E-books just aren't the same.

message 17: by Rebeca (new)

Rebeca (m0rozovas) | 1 comments Physical, but my pocket says ebook lol

message 18: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (hellowonderland) I prefer physical but ebook is easier to get but takes longer to read for me.

message 19: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) physical & paperback

message 20: by Sassy Sedusa (last edited Aug 04, 2018 05:57PM) (new)

Sassy Sedusa | 1537 comments I prefer physical books because I love the feeling of a book in hands and just the smell of a book. ( am I weird? Probably)

message 21: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 126 comments @Mandy: same here! I’d gotten the impression that it takes me longer to read an ebook than a physical one. Just can’t think of a reason why?

@Unique: then most of us are weird ;) Next to what you’ve mentioned I love the act of and the feel + sound of turning a page as well.

message 22: by Nyla (new)

Nyla (nylap) | 71 comments I am still firmly in the "physical" book camp, but I do see the appeal of e-books. Someday, if/when my vision gets worse, the ability to increase the font size on an e-reader will definitely be a factor in my conversion. But for now, I own too many actual codex books that I still need to read! Plus, I just like the whole aesthetic of a codex book.

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma | 19 comments Physical for sure! I prefer "feel" the book in real life and smell it's "perfume". And I feel the story more mine if I have the physical book and my books are like memories for me. I look at them on my bookshelves and I know when and where I read them and I have special stories about them. <3

message 24: by Ida Bolette (new)

Ida Bolette (ida_bolette) Physical😄👌❤️

message 25: by Shay (new)

Shay | 8 comments I switch between both ... but nothing compares to a physical book

message 26: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (nancymarie85) | 5 comments I switch between both. I've also just started doing audio books.

message 27: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta I love all formats. Physical is number 1 though. I find I engage with the book better and retain a stronger memory of the story when reading it on paper.

message 28: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 419 comments PHYSICAL except when I am traveling, because:

A. Don't have to carry 10 books with me;
B. Can read on the plane without needing a light, while everyone else is sleeping;
C. Strangers can't see what I'm reading.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm kinda new to ebooks. But I dnt like them better than the real thing. Although the highlights and built in dictionary are pretty cool!

message 30: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta Melliott wrote: "PHYSICAL except when I am traveling, because:

A. Don't have to carry 10 books with me;"

Oh, yep, good point, ereaders are definitely superior for travel. Only reason I bought a Kindle was because I was going on a long holiday - if I'd taken enough physical books to last me the whole trip, I might've grounded the plane! 😋

message 31: by grace (new)

grace (gracelwrites) (gracethereader) | 12 comments both, to be honest. e-books work if i’m out, and i don’t want my physical copies to be damaged while it’s in my bag. i prefer reading my physical books at home.

message 32: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments I really prefer physical. Unfortunately, I'm having to read more and more e-books because my hands are starting to not be able to handle the strain. Especially if I've been sewing a lot. (I quilt, embroider, knit and do cosplay. What can I say.) Time marches on, and the body doesn't deal well with a lot of damage. So, stay out of car smashes everyone.

message 33: by Angela (new)

Angela Auten | 126 comments At this point I prefer e-books. They are much cheaper and more convenient. I can read them on the reader or on the app. The app also syncs with the library so I never lose which page I'm on. I do still like holding books though.

message 34: by Doreen (new)

Doreen (door_een) | 61 comments I deffo prefer physical!!

BUT recently, I've been hella lazy to go to the library sooooo I have been reading EBOOKS! :(

message 35: by Dorota (new)

Dorota Bugajec Only physical <3

message 36: by Serena (new)

Serena Darking (serenadarking) | 26 comments I love physical copies! I only read ebooks from my library if they are available before the physical copy (i.e. if the physical copy has way too many holds).

message 37: by nat (new)

nat (giannaallister) Physical all the way!! There’s a certain sense of satisfaction in owning a physical copy of a book, also it doesn’t really hurt if I read a physical book for a long day time.

message 38: by Grace (new)

Grace Bittle Both. . . ?!
I love to read manga style Ebooks. but otherwise: Physical.

message 39: by Ray (last edited Aug 07, 2018 11:55AM) (new)

Ray Jordan | 33 comments I still get physical books but I'm partial to my kindle for several reasons. They are more compact. You don't lose your place. A lot of the e-books are cheaper than their print counterparts. It's also easier to take notes and update you progress. You can look up the definition of words by simply highlighting them. And it gives you an idea of how much time is left in a chapter based on your reading speed.

message 40: by JOSY (new)

JOSY | 1 comments Physical books📚😄

message 41: by Empress X (new)

Empress X (ladywhospeaksinpoetry) Physical!

message 42: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Huber (thorwantsanotherletter) Physical!

message 43: by Tamar (new)

Tamar | 8 comments I used to love Physical more but since i got my Kindle - i'm in love with it.
1) It takes 10 sec to buy a book
2)many sales on Amazon - even for the best sellers.
3)with kindle app i can also read the book on my phone and on my camputre
4)I have 300+ books on my kindle
5)saves the trees!

message 44: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) I like both, but prefer physical. Physical books don't require batteries and don't hurt my eyes after staring at them for a while, but it takes a little longer to get them and are expensive, especially if it's a new release. With ebooks, they are so much easier to get and it's a more efficient way of reading, but I need a device to read them and I depend on my battery surviving to read. My eyes also hurt after reading on my phone or laptop after a while

message 45: by Elaine (new)

Elaine H | 3 comments Physical, hard copy...never audio...we are loosing our ability to imagine...something Einstein had said about imagination:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.”
Albert Einstein

message 46: by Sanah (new)

Sanah Shabbir (szs_30) Elaine wrote: "Physical, hard copy...never audio...we are loosing our ability to imagine...something Einstein had said about imagination:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, ..."

What I've started doing is reading the physical book while listening to the audiobook (it helps with my speed) or listening while I'm aimlessly scrolling through pinterest, goodreads, or twitter. I can't listen and do productive things because then I lose focus

message 47: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments Sanah--get yourself a pair of pink tinted sunglasses (or even just a pair of glasses that are tinted pink) and wear them when reading on your phone or computer. There have been studies done that prove that this helps prevent the eyestrain that reading on devices with blue light causes. I've observed that after I ordered a pair of pink tinted readers from Zenni optical that I'm not having quite as many eyestrain headaches.

message 48: by Janett (new)

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 56 comments It depends. Since I don't have much room in my house for books I only buy those that I really like otherwise the majority of my books are E-books 😊 Plus it's easier to take my reads places and I don't have to choose which ones to leave behind because they're all with me! 🤗

message 49: by natalia (new)

natalia | 88 comments Physical, I’ve tried e-books but there’s nothing like the sensation of a paper copy... I also like to take a lot of notes in the margins and highlight some quotes

message 50: by Akilah (new)

Akilah | 3 comments Physical, though it bankrupts me

« previous 1 3 4 5