Reading Until Infinity discussion

Archive > August 2018 Book Nominations

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by La Tonya (last edited Aug 03, 2018 09:02PM) (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 705 comments The theme for August 2018 nominations has to do with the letter "L". We will read a book where the title begins with the letter reference above. Do not select books where a word such as the, an, a, or any other word comes before this letter. I look forward to seeing the nominations.

Rules
1. One book per person
2. Poll will be set up when we reach 6 valid nominations
3. Book should follow the theme
4. Try to explain why you are choosing the book (optional)

Enjoy Reading,
La Tonya

message 3: by Raymond (new)

Raymond | 13 comments Lincoln's Gamble How the Emancipation Proclamation Changed the Course of the Civil War by Todd Brewster Lincoln's Gamble: How the Emancipation Proclamation Changed the Course of the Civil War

I read this last year and the book covers how Lincoln made the decision to issue the Emancipation Proclamation.

message 4: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 705 comments Raymond wrote: "Lincoln's Gamble How the Emancipation Proclamation Changed the Course of the Civil War by Todd Brewster[book:Lincoln's Gamble: How the Emancipation Proclamation Changed the Course of the Civil..."

Thank You, La Tonya

message 6: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 705 comments Nuria_ct01 wrote: "La chica invisible"

This translates into The invisible girl; therefore, it is disqualified for not meeting this month's theme. Please nominate another book. Enjoy Reading. La Tonya

message 7: by Nat (new)

Nat K (natnoir) "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott.

I remember reading this a lifetime ago, and parts of it always stayed in my mind.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 8: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 705 comments Nat wrote: ""Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott.

I remember reading this a lifetime ago, and parts of it always stayed in my mind.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1..."

Thank you for the nomination. Enjoy Reading.

message 9: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm Lies by TM Logan
Gripping and action packed psych thriller that was hard to put down.

message 10: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 705 comments Bookworm wrote: "Lies by TM Logan
Gripping and action packed psych thriller that was hard to put down."

Thank you for your nomination. Enjoy Reading.

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary | 2 comments Hi La Tonya,
Interesting concept!
My nomination is 'Let Me Lie' by Claire Mackintosh.
I haven't read it but it's on my TBR list.
Her first book was a fantastic read,her second,while interesting,wasn't as captivating or as enthralling as her first.
Thank you for organising this group read.

message 12: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 705 comments Mary wrote: "Hi La Tonya,
Interesting concept!
My nomination is 'Let Me Lie' by Claire Mackintosh.
I haven't read it but it's on my TBR list.
Her first book was a fantastic read,her second,while interesting,..."

message 13: by Dale (new)

Dale | 1 comments Okay, this may be cheating, but I have 2 suggestions, VERY different:

Les Miserables (Victor Hugo) - I'm sure we've all seen it on Broadway or in the movies but the book is the source
Let the Great World Spin (Colum McCann) - a more recent, very "American" story (written by an Irishman, natch)

Feel free to choose only one if those are the rules!

message 15: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 705 comments Dale wrote: "Okay, this may be cheating, but I have 2 suggestions, VERY different:

Les Miserables (Victor Hugo) - I'm sure we've all seen it on Broadway or in the movies but the book is the source
Let the Grea..."

Thank you nominations. I will choose the latter. Enjoy Reading.

message 16: by La Tonya (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 705 comments Leslie wrote: "Like a Fading Shadow by Antonio Muñoz Molina Like a Fading Shadow by Antonio Muñoz Molina"