Play Book Tag discussion

Mata Hari's Last Dance
This topic is about Mata Hari's Last Dance
August 2018: Espionage > Mata Hari's Last Dance - Michelle Moran - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 782 comments I did not know much about Mata Hari before reading Michelle Moran's historical fiction novel. The author tells of Mata Hari's difficult earlier life before she became a famous dancer. Mata Hari rises to success, but she also makes decisions that get her into trouble. Moran's writing develops Mata Hari's character and I especially liked how she expands on the long term friendship that Mati Hari had with her lawyer. Despite this, I felt that I never truly understood her. The book tells how Mata Hari may have rationalized many or her actions and relationships during World War I. She was condemned of espionage, but was she really guilty or a scapegoat who was misunderstood?

Diane Zwang | 485 comments I read this and gave it 4 stars also. I liked the book. I have read all of Michelle Moran's books.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8280 comments Me too.

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7692 comments I have not read this one yet. I plan to at some point through because I am a Moran fan!

LibraryCin | 8118 comments Nicole R wrote: "I have not read this one yet. I plan to at some point through because I am a Moran fan!"

Ditto on all points!

message 6: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments I have yet to read a Michelle Moran book, but feel I need to . . .it seems like everyone likes her writing.