What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/ Children book. Fantasy, maybe an island where there are creature that are link (I don’t remember in which sense) to object. This creature have a strange name. Don’t remember the year, but it was after 2000 for sure.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lorenzo; (new)

Lorenzo; | 3 comments I also remember that in the official site of the author there was a test to know at which object you were link, like the creature.

message 2: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 85 comments Do you remember if there are mythology elements or influences?
Maybe “The Hound of Rowan” (book 1) by Henry H. Neff? He has (or at least he did when I read his books) different tests on his website.

message 3: by Lorenzo; (new)

Lorenzo; | 3 comments First of all, sorry for my bad grammar. I was using the the Kindle and I write bad with the keyboard of that tablet.

Returning to my request: nope Tris, no mythology elements. Btw, is not The Hound of Rowan, but thanks

message 4: by Bobby (new)

Bobby | 2 comments This may not be it, but I thought I'd try just in case. Is it The Seventh Tower series by Garth Nix? The first book is The Fall.

The other thing I thought of was The Golden Compass.

Now that I think about it, you don't mention people. Were there only creatures around, or were there humans too?

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (khek) | 270 comments Atherton, by Carmen?

message 6: by Lorenzo; (new)

Lorenzo; | 3 comments @Bobby is not The Fall or The Golden Compass. And yes, there where humans they lived with the creature. Thanks for the help.

@Kelly, thanks to you too but is not Atherton.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Lorenzo, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Golden Compass (other topics)
The Fall (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Garth Nix (other topics)