Bookstagram discussion

Constructive Criticism

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Is (new)

Is (themisadventuresofisnikki) | 17 comments *deep breath* I've been on Bookstagram for a while, but I feel like my growth hasn't been much of a growth, so to speak. I would love some feedback on where I need to work on or what I'm doing wrong?

My account is https://www.instagram.com/keepholdingontobooks/

I would really appreciate any help, I just feel kind of sad because I really try to be creative but it seems like a moot point.

message 2: by Yesse (new)

Yesse ||   Within_the_Pages (within_the_pages) | 15 comments I am on the same boat
@within_the_pages

If feel that it’s because I don’t post consistently. I follow several people where the pictures posted are not amazing, but due to the fact they engage frequently and post often they get more followers. At least that’s what it seems like.

message 3: by Is (new)

Is (themisadventuresofisnikki) | 17 comments Yesse wrote: "I am on the same boat
@within_the_pages

If feel that it’s because I don’t post consistently. I follow several people where the pictures posted are not amazing, but due to the fact they engage freq..."

I think that might be it too! I checked yours out and I love that you post a variety of pictures. I really hate the similar background for every picture, but I guess that's easier to post every single day but that stifles my creativity

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina Reid (chrikaru) | 3 comments I have only joined bookstagram recently, but have heard that it is the hardest platform to gain follower on. Others have told me that you should try to have a theme (even if your theme is variety!), and should consider having a separate bookstagram and personal account. I am just experimenting and enjoying it at the moment, but I want to have a mix of personal and book photos. For both Is and Yesse, I notice that you're not following many people in comparison to your follower count.
If you follow similar accounts and interact with them, people are more likely to follow you. Personally, when I see an account that has far fewer following than followers, I am less likely to follow it because it seems like that person is more interested in inflating their own follower count rather than genuinely interacting and reciprocating. For both of you, I like your photos but the fact that you aren't following many others would put me off following you. I'm @chrikaru if you want to see my messy, unprofessional feed!

message 5: by Yesse (new)

Yesse ||   Within_the_Pages (within_the_pages) | 15 comments Thank you for the feedback!

message 6: by Is (new)

Is (themisadventuresofisnikki) | 17 comments Christina wrote: "I have only joined bookstagram recently, but have heard that it is the hardest platform to gain follower on. Others have told me that you should try to have a theme (even if your theme is variety!)..."

This is amazing feedback!

message 7: by Summer (new)

Summer (speaking_bookish) (speaking_bookish) | 4 comments I find that I grow the most when I post consistently, stick to a theme, and have meaningful interaction with other bookstagrammers. Actually, I have literally sat down and dedicated thirty minutes to checking out people new to Instagram and liking and commenting on the stuff I liked most and gotten 10 followers during that half hour. It’s the number best way to gain a following! I’ve only been on bookstagram about 4 months but I didn’t start to really grow until I implemented this piece of advice 👍🏻

message 8: by Summer (new)

Summer (speaking_bookish) (speaking_bookish) | 4 comments Oh, I’m @luv_lit_life haha