Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Publication Year Not Displaying on 2018 Releases

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Bonga | 7 comments Hi Librarians,
One of our marketers brought it to my attention that some of our more recent releases are missing publication year, meaning when people sort our author's books by "Original Publication Year", their most recent books aren't displaying. (Example: Cathy Gohlke's Until We Find Home ). Is there a way to resolve this issue?
Thank you!

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19978 comments Only one book at a time, as far as I know. I've added the date to the book you linked.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily Bonga | 7 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Only one book at a time, as far as I know. I've added the date to the book you linked."
Thank you so much for your help! Can you walk me through where you made that change so I can follow the same process for our other books? Thank you!!

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Aug 03, 2018 01:45PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19978 comments I assume you know how to get to the "edit details" page? (Small grey link on the right below the "other editions" on a book page.) Once there, scroll down to "Work Settings" where you will find space for original title, original publication date, etc. Then just fill in the date, scroll to the very bottom & click the square "Save Changes" link. You only have to add it to one edition of each book.

Any problems, please post again.