SBTB Goodreads Group discussion

Challenges > Secret Santa Idea

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 207 comments Mod
Hi all,

I'm toying with a challenge idea for possibly the next quarter, though I might just make it a month long challenge. I've seen variations of this previously in other challenge groups I'm in.

Basically, you all signup if you're interested and then I'll assign the Santa (they won't really be secret.) So B is assigned to J and J is assigned to M and so on.

The assigned people then have to compare their Read shelves with their picked person's To Read shelf. The person then picks a book they reviewed favorably that is also on the person's shelf and the person has to read it. It's supposed to 1) promote discussion around a book and 2) spread around the joy of a book they loved.

Example: B looks at J's shelf and sees that Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah Maclean is on J's To Read Shelf. B has given that book 4 stars. So B challenges J to read that book for the month! Additionally, B can give J a few options to pick from if they'd like.

I'd keep an updated list at the top of the post of paired people and books picked for ease of organization.

Would anyone be interested in doing this? Goodreads has a "compare books" feature that I always love using. Or does it sound too complicated?

message 2: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 251 comments It sounds pretty fun to me - I am always comparing books with friends. It is a great source for new reads and for interesting conversation. My tbr mountain is enormous!

Maybe after we read our gifted suggestion, we can discuss it in the thread or another thread specifically for that book.

message 3: by Tuuli (new)

Tuuli | 79 comments Sounds like fun, I'm in! I haven't been able to keep up with the bigger challenges, but can certainly read any given book in a month.

message 4: by Sandy (new)

Sandy D. | 44 comments Cool idea! My TBR pile is ridiculously huge, so it would be easy for someone to find something I want to read. And vice versa. :-)