The Galaxians discussion

Discussions for 2018 > Storyline Ideas

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by hyperspace (last edited Jan 14, 2019 09:04PM) (new)

hyperspace | 7 comments I'd love some backstory on Dooku. As an apprentice to Yoda and their mission on Kashyyyk. As a master to Qui-Gon and how he pursuaded him to stay off the Jedi Council. And finally what drove him to leave the order, meet Sidious and fall to the dark side. Even further there is the cloning plot with Sifo Dyas, hiring Jango Fett, meeting Asajj Ventress, and founding General Grievous.

Obviously tons of ground to cover. James Luceno would be my author of choice, he has great attention to detail and he covers politics brilliantly (being Count of Serenno).

just one of my ideas for a star wars story

message 2: by Pete, Last of the Mandalores (new)

Pete (petehale) | 96 comments Mod
Bryson wrote: "I'd love some backstory on Dooku. As an apprentice to Yoda and their mission on Kashyyyk. As a master to Qui-Gon and how he pursuaded him to stay off the Jedi Council. And finnally what drove him t..."

I love Luceno's works. And yes, I'd love a Sifo-Dyas story (I still don't quite get that whole thing.)

message 3: by DiscoSpacePanther, Grandmaster of Intergalactic Funk (new)

DiscoSpacePanther | 52 comments Mod
Peter wrote: "I'd love a Sifo-Dyas story (I still don't quite get that whole thing.)"

Were you aware about the typo that led to the whole confusing Sifo-Dyas plot element?

message 4: by DiscoSpacePanther, Grandmaster of Intergalactic Funk (new)

To be honest, I would like a Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron -type story set between Eps IV and V, but focusing on a TIE Squadron.

message 5: by Pete, Last of the Mandalores (new)

DiscoSpacePanther wrote: "Peter wrote: "I'd love a Sifo-Dyas story (I still don't quite get that whole thing.)"

Were you aware about the typo that led to the whole confusing Sifo-Dyas plot element?"

Pardon?

message 6: by DiscoSpacePanther, Grandmaster of Intergalactic Funk (new)

Peter wrote: "Pardon?"

In the original outline there was no Master Sifo-Dyas. Originally, Dooku went to Kamino to commission the clone army on behalf of a Master Sido-Dyas, which is clearly a reference to Sidious.

There was a typo and Sido-Dyas was accidentally rendered as Sifo-Dyas, but George Lucas realised that he rather liked the name Sifo-Dyas, and decided to leave it in there - thus creating much much much confusing weirdness about just who this Master Sifo-Dyas actually was.

message 7: by Pete, Last of the Mandalores (new)

DiscoSpacePanther wrote: "Peter wrote: "Pardon?"

In the original outline there was no Master Sifo-Dyas. Originally, Dooku went to Kamino to commission the clone army on behalf of a Master Sido-Dyas, which is clearly a refe..."

I thought you were saying I made a typo. Okay yeah, that's very cool. But I think Sifo's still an unnecessary addition to SW.

message 8: by Pete, Last of the Mandalores (last edited Aug 05, 2018 09:41AM) (new)

I think there should be a comic series called Star Wars: Confederacy. Back in the Dark Horse days there were the comic series Republic, Empire, Rebellion, and all that brass. But where was one with the point of view of battle droids or the Umbaran soldiers or whatever from their frontlines? They are the most underused side of SW.

message 9: by Pete, Last of the Mandalores (new)

I don't know if you've all played this game, but the original 2005 Battlefront II had a campaign called "Rise of the Empire" with narration from a retired clone (there are theories its Commander Appo, but I can't confirm this) called "501 Journal" telling the stories of the clones work from Geonosis to Hoth, since they apparently survived that long. I think they should make a story adapting these 501 Journal entries into a novel, comic, new game or a spin-off film (that would be AWESOME!)

message 10: by DiscoSpacePanther, Grandmaster of Intergalactic Funk (new)

Peter wrote: "I don't know if you've all played this game, but the original 2005 Battlefront II had a campaign called "Rise of the Empire" with narration from a retired clone (there are theories its Commander Ap..."

Alas, Battlefront II (2005) is another unplayed game in my Steam account.

Sounds like an interesting plotline, though.

(I have so many games, and so little time!)

message 11: by Pete, Last of the Mandalores (new)

If you want a great fan video with that narration from the Journal watch:

"501st (With Epilogue)-Star Wars As Seen By Troopers" by a YouTuber just named Aaron

message 12: by Pete, Last of the Mandalores (new)

Bring back the Yuuzhan Vong!

message 13: by DiscoSpacePanther, Grandmaster of Intergalactic Funk (new)

Peter wrote: "Bring back the Yuuzhan Vong!"

There is some speculation that the Grysks in canon are going to be a re-tread of the Yuuzhan Vong.

I don't see it myself, though. They felt more like the Vagaari in tone to me - not quite the all-encompassing threat that the Vong were.

message 14: by Pete, Last of the Mandalores (new)

DiscoSpacePanther wrote: "To be honest, I would like a Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron -type story set between Eps IV and V, but focusing on a TIE Squadron."

I've always thought what they should do with Boba Fett is have a story set within the First Order era, with him as an old man. It should be a western in the style of two of favorites, The Shootist and Unforgiven, where he is uncomfortable with his scary past, but must confront it in this uncertain era, one last time.