Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Joy for Joi

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8841 comments Just thought to start a thread for anyone who wants to wish warm thoughts of love for Joi, who I am pretty sure is having a wedding weekend. Even if she doesn't see it until after her honeymoon, it would be nice for anyone who wants to wish her well or offer thoughts of love, relationship advice, a good book for a honeymoon, or anything else that feels like it might burst forth.

From me, I wish you a beautiful sacred day, and to feel embraced by love (of all kinds) every single day. May all blessings be yours. Always feel surrounded by love.

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2501 comments What a lovely idea, Amy! The big day is imminent for sure.

Joi - wishing you and your lovely fiancé every happiness for your wedding day and for your life together. Arohanui (much love). Katrine xx

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1207 comments Congratulations, luck and love to you both! May your lives be filled with Joi! 🙂

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments May your wedding day be great and your marriage be even better! Wishing you and your new husband all the very best, now and forever!!!

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Enjoy your day Joi, and may you have a wonderful, long lasting marriage. xx

message 6: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5999 comments Salud, Amor y Dinero
Y el tiempo para gustarlos!

(Health, Love, Wealth
And the Time to Enjoy Them)

Wishing you and your new hubby all the best that life has to offer, Joi.

message 7: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7859 comments Wishing you a lifetime of love and happiness-Enjoy your day!

message 8: by Nicole R (last edited Aug 03, 2018 06:14AM) (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments This is a lovely sentiment, but Joi's wedding day is still several weeks away.

However, I bet we see little of her leading up to her big day and I also hope she has a wonderful day to commence a lifetime of happiness!

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8841 comments Really? I thought we were right on the mark! Even so, maybe she checks and to enjoy it before. We’re certainly have the right month.

message 10: by Nicole R (last edited Aug 03, 2018 07:25AM) (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments Amy wrote: "Really? I thought we were right on the mark! Even so, maybe she checks and to enjoy it before. We’re certainly have the right month."

Pretty sure the date is August 19th. But everyone, especially Joi, deserves to celebrate and share the excitement all month!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

This is such a wonderful idea Amy. I wish you both a wonderful day. Embrace the day, not the craziness of the day, and absorb the love. Live each day together as though it could be your last. May you never forget this day, your wedding day. Hold it to your hearts forever. I wish you the best.

message 12: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5067 comments Wishing you all the best in your new life, Joi!

message 13: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2214 comments Best wishes to you and your husband as you begin your journey together. I hope you will always be as happy as you are on this wonderful day. Much love!

message 14: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Wishing you and your husband to be all the very best, may you have many happy moments on your wedding day.

message 15: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments OMG, you all are so sweet!!

Nicole R is 100% correct, our date is actually August 19th- so we still have 2 weeks until the BIG DAY! Lot's of planning and whatnot, so it's a little stressful but I'm trying to find time to read and check in still :)

Amy is not wrong though, this was also a wedding weekend! My fiances best man got married yesterday, also my niece is getting married next week. So it's basically just Wedding Month!

Again, you guys warm my heart with your words of love and support. So surprising, and this really has made my day!! <3 <3
PBT really is an amazing community!!

message 16: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2275 comments OK, on August 19th I have to think flowers and confetti! Your wedding will be the best and I wish you happiness forever!

message 17: by Nicole R (last edited Aug 06, 2018 06:32AM) (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments Joi wrote: "Nicole R is 100% correct, our date is actually August 19th"

I only remember this because you mentioned it either on FB or here previously and it is the anniversary of one of my closest friends! lol. she and her husband are celebrating 12 years, so I think it is a good date to get married ;)

My parents' anniversary is the day before, and they are celebrating their 39th! Good vibes for August weddings :)

message 18: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8614 comments Joi wrote: "OMG, you all are so sweet!!

Nicole R is 100% correct, our date is actually August 19th- so we still have 2 weeks until the BIG DAY! Lot's of planning and whatnot, so it's a little stressful but I'..."

Oh you're getting married on a Sunday!
Well, congrats!

message 19: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lynm) | 310 comments Happy wedding week Joi!

I hope this is the most amazing week for you. And I wish a life time of happy times ahead for you.

message 20: by Joi (last edited Aug 13, 2018 12:59PM) (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Again, thanks all!! I think I'm just about done with everything!
(I have 4-5 spreadsheets with 4-5 tabs each!). 6 DAYS TO GO!!

Wanted to share what part of our ceremony will be, for my book loving friends. We decided to put in a Neil Gaiman passage that he wrote for a wedding in. This is our nod to my love of reading and books through an author we both enjoy.

Here is Neil Gaiman's Blogpost

This is everything I have to tell you about love: nothing.
This is everything I've learned about marriage: nothing.

Only that the world out there is complicated,
and there are beasts in the night, and delight and pain,
and the only thing that makes it okay, sometimes,
is to reach out a hand in the darkness and find another hand to squeeze,
and not to be alone.

It's not the kisses, or never just the kisses: it's what they mean.
Somebody's got your back.
Somebody knows your worst self and somehow doesn't want to rescue you
or send for the army to rescue them.

It's not two broken halves becoming one.
It's the light from a distant lighthouse bringing you both safely home
because home is wherever you are both together.

So this is everything I have to tell you about love and marriage: nothing,
like a book without pages or a forest without trees.

Because there are things you cannot know before you experience them.
Because no study can prepare you for the joys or the trials.
Because nobody else's love, nobody else's marriage, is like yours,
and it's a road you can only learn by walking it,
a dance you cannot be taught,
a song that did not exist before you began, together, to sing.

And because in the darkness you will reach out a hand,
not knowing for certain if someone else is even there.
And your hands will meet,
and then neither of you will ever need to be alone again.

And that's all I know about love.

message 21: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2501 comments That’s so beautiful, Joi - what a wonderful reading for your wedding

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8841 comments Wow! I like that passage so much more than the ocean at the end of the lane! Have a stunning beautiful day. Those are certainly words to live by.

message 23: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5067 comments Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

message 24: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5999 comments I always cry at weddings ... reading that passage just brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy your day! And your life together!

message 25: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7193 comments A belated wish for Joy for Joi--I missed seeing this!

message 26: by Idit (new)

Idit | 1028 comments Have a wonderful day Joi, and best wishes for your marriage

message 27: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1528 comments Happy wedding day Joi. Best wishes for happy day and a happy marriage.

message 28: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8614 comments Happy day, Joi! And more... Congratulations!

message 29: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Happiest wedding day!

message 30: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 414 comments I know I'm late but I wanted to congratulate you. I hope you had a wonderful day!

message 31: by Amy N. (new)

Amy N. | 256 comments Happy marriage Joi!

message 32: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments You are all so amazing, supportive, and wonderful. How great it is to have a community here that is so quick to express love and congratulations.

Wedding was perfect. My preplanning, spreadsheets, and all the hard work completely paid off with a wedding that went off with no snafus! (If anyone has anyone getting married in their lives, let me know and I'll gladly send you my spreadsheets :))

Hopefully pictures to come, if you haven't seen sneak peeks on facebook :)

message 33: by Karin (last edited Aug 24, 2018 06:10PM) (new)

Karin | 7193 comments Joi wrote: "You are all so amazing, supportive, and wonderful. How great it is to have a community here that is so quick to express love and congratulations.

Wedding was perfect. My preplanning, spreadsheets,..."

Hooray. My wedding was like yours, well planned and ran smoothly, but no spreadsheets as it was 25 years ago--it's so lovely of you to be willing to share them. I'm so happy for you!!!

message 34: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Joi wrote: "You are all so amazing, supportive, and wonderful. How great it is to have a community here that is so quick to express love and congratulations.

Wedding was perfect. My preplanning, spreadsheets,..."

So glad it was perfect!!! I hope the honeymoon was too. I saw some of your pictures, and you were beautiful and glowing!!! We are so happy for you.