Suspenseful Clues and Thrilling Reviews discussion

2018 Monthly Reading > August Reading Prompt: A BANNED BOOK

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sam (Clues and Reviews) (cluesandreviews) | 56 comments Mod
Hello readers! For August, our prompt is to choose a book that has been (in the past or present) BANNED. You can choose any book that has been banned at any point in time, in any county! Feel free to share your choices below, along with links to your review once you've finished it so that we can read your thoughts!

Chelsea and I are going to kick off August (and this prompt) by reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

<3 Happy reading!

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey (suspensethrill) | 260 comments Mod
Heck yes!!!!! Awesome prompt idea girl!

message 3: by BeccaJBooks (new)

BeccaJBooks Ooh how interesting... I am going to read Cujo, which was banned for a time, in a bunch of schools in America I think.

Happy reading everyone!
B x

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Hmmmmm!!! Great prompt idea. I just finished reading a book that I know was challenged, all her books are challenged but they usually stay on the shelves. I wonder I have a book at my house (other than Harry Potter lol) that I know was actually banned. Going to do some research today!

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I think I have decided to go with The Handmaid’s Tale. It’s been sitting on my shelf since way before the Hulu series came out. No time like the present!

message 6: by Reg (new)

Reg (infp_bookworm) | 1 comments The hello everyone! I might go with Lolita for this one. I've been meaning to read it so now might be a good time for it.

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 4 comments I am going to read In Cold Blood. It's on my to-read list and it was banned (temporarily) by a Savannah, GA high school after a parent complained about sex, profanity, and violence.

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2 comments Great choice!! I love that one!

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2 comments I think I'm going to revisit Catcher in the Rye. It's been my favorite for years, but I think it's time to pick it up again!

message 10: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 1 comments Becca wrote: "Ooh how interesting... I am going to read Cujo, which was banned for a time, in a bunch of schools in America I think.

Happy reading everyone!
B x"

I loved Cujo!

message 11: by BeccaJBooks (new)

BeccaJBooks It's fab isn't it? I've read it before, but it still scares me! :)
B

message 12: by BeccaJBooks (new)

BeccaJBooks I finished Cujo this weekend. Here's my review:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Still as scary as ever!
B

message 13: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 22 comments The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck. (http://books-n-music.blogspot.com/201...) Amazing that he spent ten years researching and then made himself sick by writing it so quickly. Also, Go Tell it on the Mountain by James Baldwin (http://books-n-music.blogspot.com/201...). So vivid and honest!

Suspenseful Clues and Thrilling Reviews

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cujo (other topics)