Play Book Tag discussion

America for Beginners
This topic is about America for Beginners
Archive: Other Books > America for Beginners by Leah Franqui - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Booknblues | 6515 comments America for Beginners by Leah Franqui was the perfect book for me to read at this moment. It was the right depth (not too deep) and with the right amount of humor ( some but not over the top).

Newly widowed Pival Sengupta, from Kolkata is about to leave to go on a tour in the United States to ascertain if her son Rahi has died as her husband told her. She will be traveling with tour guide, Satya, a young man from Bangladesh and Rebecca a young woman who is an unsuccessful American actress.

As they travel we get to know about each one. I enjoyed the tour of the US and particularly Niagara Falls and the Corning Glass Museum both of which I have been to many times.

If you are looking for something light, this makes a nice read.

message 2: by Karin (last edited Aug 02, 2018 04:07PM) (new)

Karin | 7301 comments I looked up the author bio (not seen here) and it turns out she lives in India with her Indian husband, so this sounds better already than I thought at first from your review (your review is good, but I get leery of reading books like this by people unfamiliar with what they are actually writing about).

Booknblues | 6515 comments Karin wrote: "I looked up the author bio (not seen here) and it turns out she lives in India with her Indian husband, so this sounds better already than I thought at first from your review (your review is good, ..."

I looked up her bio as well because I was concerned about it. She got the idea for the book talking to one of her Indian friends.

You might be interested in this.

https://www.thefussylibrarian.com/new...