Books Are Our Friends discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book of the Month Nominations > October 2018 Book of the Month Nominations

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 140 comments Mod
Hey all. It's time to start nominating books for October. Because we are still so very few in number, you can nominate TWO BOOKS currently! (YAY.) I can't wait to see what books are nominated and which are chosen!! Here are the basics of nominating:

-- You may nominate up to 2 books in ANY genre.
-- You may also, in addition, 'second' someone else's nomination so that it has more of a chance of making it into the final poll.
-- You CANNOT nominate your own book.
-- Books nominated MUST be available both in print and electronic (e-book) form.
-- Please do not nominate books that are part of a series, unless it is the first book.

Nominations close on August 26. Have at it! :)

message 2: by Lynn (new)

message 3: by Vicky (new)

Vicky I am nominating the first in the series of EoinArtemis Fowl. I received a set of the Artemis Fowl books for Christmas "a few" years ago from DLyn and have not cracked them open. And not because I haven't want to. You know the true saying, "So MANY books, so LITTLE time." If people choose this one for October and like it, maybe we could read the whole series together or as buddy reads.

I read the back of the cover on The Death of Mrs. Westaway and it sounds good. I may cast my vote for this as the 2nd book I'd like to read in Oct.

message 4: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 140 comments Mod
Vicky wrote: "I am nominating the first in the series of EoinArtemis Fowl. I received a set of the Artemis Fowl books for Christmas "a few" years ago from DLyn and have not cracked them open. And n..."

Thank you for the nomination! Would anyone else like to nominate a book or books for October?!

message 5: by Vicky (new)

Vicky Ana, do you have any books you would like to nominate? Anyone else have any suggestions? Variety is the spice of life.

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 140 comments Mod
Our poll for October's read is up! https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.