Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA Futuristic Circus Novel

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new)

Anne Lutz (annelutz) | 27 comments Looking for some awesome beta readers for my short YA novel, THE WICKED ONES. I'm hoping to get advice on how to improve the novel, especially if there are places that can use expansion. I would like to boost the word count as much as possible.

Here are the details:

LENGTH: 50,000 words
GENRE: YA Speculative Fiction
BLURB:

It’s the year 2079, and seventeen-year-old Nova works on her family’s traveling circus—a circus like no other. The W Express features captured Wickeds—demonic humanoids created by an Earth-altering solar flare. Cursed with supernatural powers, the Wickeds function as imprisoned performers in the circus, showcasing their bulletproof skin or their spiderlike climbing.

When new Wickeds are captured in the wild, the W Express gains never-before-seen abilities and the promise of a revitalized show. But with unwavering defiance and the ability to speak, these Wickeds seem more human than demon. Everyone warns Nova of their ferocity, but she can’t help thinking these Wickeds might not be evil at all.

So when one of the new additions—an empathetic, gravity-defying Wicked—saves her life, Nova fears the worst. That maybe the “humanoids” are simply human. And that just maybe, she has been complicit to slavery her entire life.

Faced with the epiphany that she’s the villain of her own story, Nova dives headfirst into the forbidden world of the Wickeds, hoping to redeem herself. But then her family announces their plan to sell the circus for profit, and Nova realizes befriending the Wickeds will never be enough.

It’s time to go to war, but only if Nova is ready to take down her own family—and possibly, herself.

Thank you in advance! I look forward to hearing from you. I will send the novel in chunks!

Best,

Brooke

message 2: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (nakceb) | 19 comments Hello,

This sounds so interesting, I would love to beta read it for you.

I’m new to beta reading and not much use when it comes to spelling and grammar, but I would be more than happy to read and give general feedback.

Please let me know what you think.

Rebecca

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Lutz (annelutz) | 27 comments Hi Rebecca!

Thank you for your interest. I would love to hear your thoughts on THE WICKED ONES. Whatever you are able to contribute would be such a big help to me.

Go ahead and shoot me an email at burbaniak03@gmail.com .

Thanks,

Brooke

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (nakceb) | 19 comments Hi Brooke,

I have just sent you an email (from rebereads@gmail.com) so please check your spam folder if you don't see it :)

Rebecca

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Grover | 1 comments Hi! This sounds fascinating. I would love to beta read for you. I've some experience with beta reading and can be pretty flexible to fit what your style/need is. Let me know if you're still looking for someone! :)

You can email me at stephanieeegrace@gmail.com. Good luck!

Stephanie

message 6: by Zero (new)

Zero (jl_sanchez) | 75 comments I also think this blurb looks interesting. If you can be a little patient with me, I would love to beta read your book.

You may email me at

laser.zero (at) gmail.com