Read Women discussion

Archive > September Non-Fiction Nominations - True Crime

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louise, Group Founder (last edited Aug 11, 2018 08:30AM) (new)

Louise | 680 comments Mod
Nominations for our September Non-Fiction read are now open!

The them is True Crime.

Criteria:
1. Book must be by a female author (transwomen and women using male pseudonyms are women).
2. No books that have already been group reads (see our list of previous reads).
3. You cannot nominate your own book.
4. Must be a Non-Fiction True Crime book.

How to Nominate:
1. Give both the title of the book and the author's name when nominating to avoid mix-ups - title only nominations may be missed
2. Please use the 'add book/author' button when nominating - otherwise your nomination may be missed.
3. One nomination per person.
4. Please indicate whether you would be willing to lead the discussion.

Nominations are open until the 12th, when the poll will go up

Nominations so far:
Murder in Matera: A True Story of Passion, Family, and Forgiveness in Southern Italy by Helene Stapinski - Carol to lead
The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher: A Shocking Murder and the Undoing of a Great Victorian Detective by Kate Summerscale - El to lead
The 57 Bus: A True Story of Two Teenagers and the Crime That Changed Their Lives by Dashka Slater - Laurie to lead
The Red Parts by Maggie Nelson - Liesl to lead

message 2: by Carol (last edited Aug 02, 2018 03:56PM) (new)

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Fajita Pita (anitafajitapitareada) | 860 comments Mod
This is one of those genres I'm not "in" to but I imagine I could get swept up in quite easily. So I'm excitedly awaiting everyone else's nominations :)

message 5: by Lyn (new)

Lyn Jensen | 22 comments I'll ask a friend who's really into this genre what she suggests.

message 6: by Laurie (last edited Aug 06, 2018 06:20PM) (new)

Laurie I nominate The 57 Bus: A True Story of Two Teenagers and the Crime That Changed Their Lives by Dashka Slater. This was nominated for July in a different category and came 2nd in the poll. It sounded too interesting not to try again. (Thanks to whomever nominated it previously).

I can lead.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 1891 comments Mod
Laurie wrote: "I nominate The 57 Bus: A True Story of Two Teenagers and the Crime That Changed Their Lives by Dashka Slater. This was nominated for July in a different category and ..."

Yay!

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Cassel | 38 comments I t is an excellent read.

message 9: by Liesl (new)

Liesl | 466 comments I nominate The Red Parts by Maggie Nelson. I can lead the discussion.