Read Women discussion

Archive > September Nominations - Open Choice

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louise, Group Founder (last edited Aug 11, 2018 08:38AM) (new)

Louise | 680 comments Mod
Nominations for our August read are now open. It's an Open Choice month, so any genre welcome!

Criteria:
1. Book must be by a female author (transwomen and women using male pseudonyms are women).
2. No books that have already been group reads (see our list of previous reads)
3. You cannot nominate a book you have written yourself.

How to Nominate:
1. Give both the title of the book and the author's name when nominating to avoid mix-ups. Title only nominations may be missed
2. Please use the 'add book/author' button when nominating otherwise your nomination risks being missed.
3. Please indicate whether you are willing to lead discussion on the book.
4. Try to avoid using this thread for chatter as it makes it very hard to locate what are actual nominations and what is just discussion. If you really want to discuss something, please drop it in a spoiler tag.
5. One nomination per person.

Nominations will close on 12 August when the poll will go up.

Nominations so far:
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor - Carol to lead
Men We Reaped by Jesmyn Ward - El to lead
A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 by Kaoru Mori - Anabela to lead
Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter - Liesl to lead
The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin - Louise to lead

message 2: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle (iamaya) | 92 comments Hello, I'd like to nominate Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. I'll leave my seat for leading the discussion, though, unless there's nobody else.

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 1880 comments Mod
I nominate Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor. I can lead.

message 4: by El (new)

El | 123 comments I nominate Men We Reaped by Jesmyn Ward. I would be happy to lead.

message 5: by Anabela (new)

Anabela Matos | 9 comments I nominate A Bride's Story, Vol. 1 by Kaoru Mori. I can lead.

message 6: by Liesl (new)

Liesl | 464 comments I nominate Nights at the Circus by Angela Carter. I can lead the discussion.

message 7: by Louise, Group Founder (new)

The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin can lead

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Cassel | 38 comments I nominate Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor.

message 9: by Liesl (new)

Liesl | 464 comments I have a question regarding the poll when using the Goodreads app. Is it possible to vote? I'm away from home at the moment & using the app in my mobile. I can see all the discussions & announcements but I can't find the polls at all. Is anyone able to help with this?

message 10: by Louise, Group Founder (new)

I honestly don't know. I no longer use the app because of the lack of group features last time I tried, so possibly polls aren't accessible via it.

Hee's the link though, if that helps: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 11: by Carol (new)

Liesl: unsolicited advice warning: just say no to the app. always use the desktop version on all of your mobile devices. It works well on mobile devices. friends don’t let friends use the app.

message 12: by Liesl (new)

Liesl | 464 comments Thank you for the link Louise. Any chance I could be extra difficult and ask for the link to the True Crime poll as well?

message 13: by Liesl (new)

Liesl | 464 comments Carol I completely agree. Unfortunately, in a security frenzy one day I did something to my phone that prevents me from putting passwords into the desktop versions on my mobile. It is incredibly annoying.

message 14: by Carol (new)

Liesl wrote: "Carol I completely agree. Unfortunately, in a security frenzy one day I did something to my phone that prevents me from putting passwords into the desktop versions on my mobile. It is incredibly an..."

ACK! I"m so sorry to hear that, Liesl.