What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult novella, family drama. Teenage girl's summer in Europe, her family rents a vacation home with a pool, father has an affair. Read around 2015. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steff (new)

Steff | 4 comments I read this book a few summers ago, possibly around 2015? It's a super quick read, following a girl (can't remember if she has siblings) and her parents who rent out a vacation house in Europe one summer. There is a pool out back and an attractive young woman also living in the house. The father either ends up having an affair with the young woman (or just gets very close to having an affair with her).

SPOILER

The last chapters involve the father and the young woman he's having an affair with driving precariously up a cliff. I believe the young woman is driving and basically threatening to kill them both. I think the ending is that they are both found dead in the pool back at the house.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Still looking, Stephanie?

message 3: by Steff (new)

Steff | 4 comments still looking!!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Stephanie, what's the genre (which we need to add to the topic header) - e.g., adult romance, romantic suspense (novella)?

message 5: by Steff (new)

Steff | 4 comments perhaps family drama

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments My first thought was Bonjour tristesse, but that's quite old. Not sure the ending matches, either.

Was the family European? Or were they from someplace else and just vacationing in Europe?

message 7: by Steff (new)

Steff | 4 comments I think they were just vacationing in Europe.
I think the novella was quite new when I read it, in 2015 or thereabouts.