Blazing Readers & Wordy Writers discussion

Princess Academy (Princess Academy, #1)
This topic is about Princess Academy
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive Monthly Book Reads > Princess Academy: After Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 1797 comments Mod
Thank you for reading the book with us! Please share your thoughts. Here are some questions to get you started:

-Who's your favorite character?
-What did you think of the ending?
-What did you think of the book?
-Do you have any ideas on the moral of the story?
-What do you think the author's tone suggests?

Note: Spoilers are allowed, so don't read this page unless you've read the book.

message 2: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

For gushing about this book, see my review. xD

My favorite character... Probably Britta. I love watching her grow and learn about herself. But also, I love Miri.

The ending... Good! Everything wrapped together neatly and summed up without telling.

My thoughts... see my review.

The moral... There's lots of positive messages here. Some of the primary ones I see are fairness, the value of education, and acceptance.

message 3: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Coralie (corkybookworm) | 1249 comments Mod
You finished! Did you like it?? What did you think of Peder? And her father and her past and the academy and oh!!!

message 4: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yep! Well, based on the fact you commented on my gushing review, you already have heard my thoughts. Oh, Peder! Yeah, he was a good character. My writer side appreciated his flaws and their imperfect relationship while my reader side went "Nooo stop getting mad no bad Peder bad Miri no stop it." Her father was another good character. (From this point on, just assume every character I mention "was a good character." xD) Writer: He didn't just add to the story - he was a huge part of it. Reader: Man, tell your daughter you don't think she's a weak coward before she's 14 next time. Olana at the academy made me so mad. She was such a coward. She hit teenage girls and then when the bandits came, she just cowered.

message 5: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new) - rated it 5 stars

Coralie (corkybookworm) | 1249 comments Mod
I loved Olana!! I loved the scene where the girls negotiated with her! Hah, yes, they're all so good! And you're so right! The two different lenses to read through beget completely different reactions.

message 6: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Weeell she was a good character but she still annoyed me so much. xD Yeah, I loved the negotiation scene.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.