Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > Castle Rock on HULU

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by WendyB (new)

WendyB  | 2970 comments Mod
For a description of the show: https://www.tvguide.com/news/castle-r...

It's based on Stephen King's stories. I've watched the first three episodes so far and it's pretty good.

message 2: by JL (new)

JL Shioshita (uberproductions) | 149 comments I've watched the first two, and I've enjoyed it as well.

message 3: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 1615 comments I've just watched the first episode and didn't really enjoy it. :(

message 4: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) | 923 comments Based on his stories? Does that mean there are spoilers?

message 5: by WendyB (new)

Stephanie wrote: "Based on his stories? Does that mean there are spoilers?"

No spoilers, just little things like a mouse at Shawshank prison that looks like Mr Jingles. A few characters from King's books and actors that have been in King movies. It's a bit creepy, still not completely sure what is going on the town.

message 6: by WendyB (new)

Randy wrote: "I've just watched the first episode and didn't really enjoy it. :("

It's kinda slow paced and introduces a lot of characters but I found in the next two episodes things are starting to come together.

message 7: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) | 923 comments WendyB wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Based on his stories? Does that mean there are spoilers?"

No spoilers, just little things like a mouse at Shawshank prison that looks like Mr Jingles. A few characters from King'..."

Ah, thanks :) I already wanted to check it out but haven't yet. I'll have to do that soon

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6960 comments I plan on watching this when it comes out on other formats. I have heard really good things about it.

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Just started watching this and I really like it. Episode 4 was a bit of a shocker but I'm hoping it'll open things up and make them more interesting.

message 10: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments The Queen episode is being regarded as the best episodes yet however I was left confused and asking more questions then I already had.

message 11: by WendyB (new)

This article contains spoilers so if you haven't seen the show but plan to keep that in mind.

Every Stephen King Reference and Easter Egg in Castle Rock:

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/castle...

message 12: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 773 comments How is the series? I do not have Hulu

message 13: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10835 comments Mod
Sonya wrote: "How is the series? I do not have Hulu"

I like it so far.

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments It's confusing and eerie but enjoyable af

message 15: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments Didn't realize Pangborn is an occuring King character..interesting. So with two episodes left I seriously hope they'll answer everything and not just whose the kid or answer nothing.

message 16: by John (new)

John | 135 comments Down to the last episode. My PVR didn't seem to like this show. Kept skipping the recording no matter how many times I reset it! Hunted out the replays and got them all.

Twists and turns! Really enjoying this show, though I have to remember to watch it when wide awake. Anxious to see the ending this weekend.

message 17: by WendyB (new)

Pay close attention to the ending. It will provide answers to what was going on.
I hear there will be a season 2. Nice.

message 18: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 726 comments WendyB wrote: "Pay close attention to the ending. It will provide answers to what was going on.
I hear there will be a season 2. Nice."

The last two episodes were awesome! I love (view spoiler)

message 19: by Daffy (new)

Daffy True (shasarazad) | 42 comments I just binged Castle Rock this week and really liked it. I liked the ending a lot. In another group they said it may be an anthology series, so the second season will have a different story. Do you know anything about this?

message 20: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2788 comments They didn't solve much at the end in fact all they left was more questions. The Queen episode and Henry Deaver episode were eye opening but given how the ending was the two episodes may be pointless and irrelevant. This show was great and suspenseful but the lack of clarifying things at the end just left me wondering if they ever had a real end idea in mind at all.

message 21: by Angelina (new)

Angelina | 3 comments Jannicke wrote: "I just binged Castle Rock this week and really liked it. I liked the ending a lot. In another group they said it may be an anthology series, so the second season will have a different story. Do you..."
Yeah, if you look at interviews you can find where they said it. I don’t know anything about whether the same actors would be returning.

message 22: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 1656 comments I've just started, only 2 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't read a SK book for about 20 years, maybe I'll go back to him.

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 06, 2019 05:17AM) (new)

Late to the Castle Rock "party", but I finished the series last night. I had to read a few ending-explained blog posts to try to come to my own conclusion.

At first I was really confused by Episode 9 "Henry Deaver", and then realized (view spoiler)

Hmm...overall, I really enjoyed it and would definitely watch another series set in Castle Rock. I liked all the little nods to King's books; although, I'm sure there are some I missed because I haven't read them all. Ultimately, I'll probably watch it again before a second series drops to see if I can pick up on anything I may have missed the first go.