Challenge Corner discussion

The Dark Light of Day (The Dark Light of Day, #1)
This topic is about The Dark Light of Day
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > The Dark Light of Day starting August 2 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (last edited Aug 02, 2018 02:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 19743 comments Mod
Starting August 2 2018 reading with Jamie (The Kansan Reader)
Homeless, sleeping in a junkyard, and on the run from a system that has failed her over and over again, Abby meets Jake, a tattooed blue-eyed biker with secrets that rival her own. Two broken souls that can't be healed, they can't be saved. Abby and Jake have to decide if they can accept the darkness not only within one another, but within themselves.

If they can accept each other for who they really are they might learn that love isn't always found in the light...

WARNING: This is NOT your typical romance.
The story of Jake & Abby contains disturbing situations, graphic violence, sex, strong language, drug use, and all types of abuse.

The Dark Light of Day is a King series prequel

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Aly wrote: "Starting August 2 2018 reading with Jamie (The Kansan Reader)"

I just finished this. I stayed up the whole night to read it. I'll wait till you read it to start my end of the discussion so I don't ruin anything. I will be starting All the Rage next and move on into the Preppy story line which I think you have already read.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Okay just read your comment on Yellow car reviews. So I didn't like this as much as King and Doe's story but it's tied with Bear and Thia's.

message 4: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 14908 comments Mod
Aly, please edit the first comment to be the synopsis for the book.

And please make sure you guys post at least four comments each about the book to make sure you both get the BR points. :)

message 5: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay, got it

message 6: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie, I agree that I didn't like it as much as the others. For me, I like Bear and Thia, Preppy and Dre, King and Doe, then Jake and Abby.

message 7: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

The beginning (view spoiler)

message 8: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby and Owen (view spoiler)

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) (view spoiler)

message 10: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "[spoilers removed]"
Yes!

(view spoiler)

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Aly wrote: "Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "[spoilers removed]"
Yes!

[spoilers removed]"

OMG Yes!!! (view spoiler)

message 12: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

(view spoiler)

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) (view spoiler)

message 14: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jamie (The Kansan Reader) wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

Agreed!