What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)
This topic is about Brisingr
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED Girl fights for leadership by who can cut themselves the most [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ac (new)

Ac | 11 comments I read this book around 6 years ago YA fantasy, probably from a series from multiple different points of view. I dont remember much about the rest of the series but this scene just stuck with me. Before the ceremony the girl gets told by a future teller that she will win. They take turns cutting and end up with 5 on each arm and a few on their legs. After she wins the future teller reveals that if she hadn't been told she would win, she would have given up.
This happens in a desert and I think they were trying to amass an army.
Sorry for the vague description

message 2: by Jordyn (new)

Jordyn | 3 comments Ac wrote: "I read this book around 6 years ago YA fantasy, probably from a series from multiple different points of view. I dont remember much about the rest of the series but this scene just stuck with me. B..."

This sounds a lot like one of the Eragon books. However the cuts were only on the arms.

message 3: by Ac (new)

Ac | 11 comments That sounds like it, thank you. Now I can stop fretting

message 4: by Kris (last edited Aug 02, 2018 08:49AM) (new)

Kris | 32094 comments Mod
Here's the link for Jordyn's suggestion - The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini. The first book is Eragon.

I haven't read this series, but the main character seems to be a 15-year old boy. Is this your book?

Here's the plot summary (with spoilers) of "Eragon" on Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eragon#...

Here's the Google Books preview - https://books.google.com/books?id=iVC... There are different cover images.

message 5: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Snider | 9 comments That is the third book in the Eragon series, Brisingr.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Eragon (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Christopher Paolini (other topics)