Poldark Saga - Winston Graham discussion

TV adaptation > Season 5 speculation - SPOILER warning

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tanya, Moderator/Hostess (new)

Tanya | 640 comments Mod
With confirmation of a fifth season (presumably the last), do you care to speculate on how the remainder of the series will be adapted? Obviously this thread will contain spoilers relevant to any Poldark book.

message 2: by Stella (last edited Aug 02, 2018 07:35AM) (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Trev posted "
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/20...

I hope we are all wrong, but for me, there must be some sort of spanner in the works to stop them announcing what is happening next. I can't remember this happening for previous series. DH has said somewhere else that she has already written most of it.
I have moved this from the series 4 forum to here.

Trev - The link was very interesting especially as it seems there has been no clear announcement even now about what the next series will cover. If the very last series of this overall production is to be 'The Miller's Dance' and DH sticks to the books we shall get an ending which has Ross' thoughts and Jeremy's thoughts and a conversation between Ross and Demelza with them looking back but also taking stock of what they have. I suppose it could work but my understanding was that Winston Graham wrote The Stranger From the Sea, The Miller's Dance and The Loving Cup as a trilogy. Then The Twisted Sword as a stand alone book. I wonder if DH will squeeze in 'The Loving Cup'. Perhaps she might if she could get more episodes. All speculation and I wish we could hear something definite.

message 3: by Trev (last edited Aug 03, 2018 01:35AM) (new)

Trev | 114 comments Stella wrote: "Trev posted "

I hope we are all wrong, but for me, there must be some sort of spanner in the works to stop them announcing what is happening next. I can't ..."

I have seen another article which reveals some definite plans to erect a temporary set at the Botallack mine in Cornwall.

https://www.piratefm.co.uk/news/lates...

This seems to point towards Jeremy's engine building experiments in TSFTS. If we are getting TSFTS and TMD plus a catch up of what happened in the ten years between 1800 and 1810 then it will be very difficult to fit it all in eight episodes. More episodes would help but even finishing with TLC there would be a lot of threads left undone. I can only think that DH would be unable to cover some of those threads.

But if it is those books then why all the secrecy?

message 4: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Trev wrote: "Stella wrote: "Trev posted "

I hope we are all wrong, but for me, there must be some sort of spanner in the works to stop them announcing what is happening..."

This announcement about the National Trust applying for permission puzzles me. They will have had to do this every season so what is new? I don't know why there is secrecy. The assumption throughout has been that it will be the next two books that will be the subject matter of the next series, apart from when it was The Black Moon and only two thirds of The Four Swans. Most people are assuming that series 5 will be the next two books but we don't know for sure.

message 5: by Trev (last edited Aug 03, 2018 01:34AM) (new)

Trev | 114 comments Stella wrote: "Trev wrote: "Stella wrote: "Trev posted "

I hope we are all wrong, but for me, there must be some sort of spanner in the works to stop them announcing what..."

Yes Stella, those mine buildings look like the ones they have in every series. I wondered if a period of six weeks for shooting the scenes was longer than normal, that is why I thought about Jeremy. With only a few weeks to go to starting the filming, I'm surprised not to have heard about new members of the cast, of which there will have to be quite a few if we are moving on to 1810.

message 6: by Bernie (new)

Bernie | 301 comments Help. The link provided resulted in nothing related to Poldark. Please check and if possible provide a better link or copy of the material. Thanks.

message 7: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Bernie wrote: "Help. The link provided resulted in nothing related to Poldark. Please check and if possible provide a better link or copy of the material. Thanks."
I recall that when I first clicked this link it took me to a different site with information about series 5 but now I too am getting a very different page. I don't have an explanation or a solution.

message 8: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Trev wrote: "Stella wrote: "Trev wrote: "Stella wrote: "Trev posted "

I hope we are all wrong, but for me, there must be some sort of spanner in the works to stop them ..."

I am surprised they haven't confirmed the books they are working from. There is something very odd going on.

message 9: by Trev (last edited Aug 03, 2018 01:30AM) (new)

Trev | 114 comments Bernie wrote: "Help. The link provided resulted in nothing related to Poldark. Please check and if possible provide a link or copy of the material. Thanks."

I think only part of the link copied across

Here it is again.

message 10: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments ttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article...

If the above link works you will see more speculation here.

message 11: by Ken (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments I have read everything currently on the net..... Everything is speculation, so I'll add my thoughts.

DH has already written the first 7 episodes. We all know there's almost no Morwenna/Drake or Dwight/Caroline in book 8. I don't think Debbie will attempt S5 without a known cast. We also know the cast was contracted for 5 seasons and Mammouth is not going to pay to watch.
It seems to me we are left with 2 possibilities both of which are Debbie book 7.5...... 1, a loose combination of the next 5 books 2. Debbie's speculation of what happens in the 10 year gap.
The 5 book combination requires recasting for new characters and aging existing characters. Not likely!!!
A S5 Debbie written new book requires only Debbie and existing cast with a few additions.
Either way she goes there needs to be an official announcement to retain fans. I think that's what they are debating now.
I'm speculating they will go with option 2.

message 12: by Trev (new)

Trev | 114 comments Ken wrote: "I have read everything currently on the net..... Everything is speculation, so I'll add my thoughts.

DH has already written the first 7 episodes. We all know there's almost no Morwenna/Drake or Dw..."

Good summary Ken.

I will add that even Radio Times, who used to be owned by the BBC and have always been used to promote Poldark, are not being told by the production team what is happening next.

So it seems something will be different to what is expected. Is it good for the production that rumours are flying about - I'm not sure.? Contradictory rumours have been expressed such as:-
1. It will be TSFTS plus bits of the other books to include the characters that are missing in that book.
2. It will be a compilation of all five books!!!!! (least likely)
3. AT will not be in series 5 (surely not)
4. DH will make up her own Poldark 7.5
For Poldark book lovers none of the above seems satisfactory and I am leaning towards Stella's assumption that series 4 was the last true Poldark (I hope I am wrong.)

I agree with Ken that an announcement is overdue, but everything is strangely quiet - from the BBC, from Mammoth the producers, from DH and from the actors themselves.

message 13: by Ken (last edited Aug 04, 2018 09:00AM) (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Trev wrote: "Ken wrote: "I have read everything currently on the net..... Everything is speculation, so I'll add my thoughts.

DH has already written the first 7 episodes. We all know there's almost no Morwenna..."

Trev... I think we both know DH doesn't have a series without AT.
I've read several sources that quote Debbie as saying she's written 7 of the 8 episodes. She had to clear that with Mammoth I presume, and I don't think she's going to throw them in the trash and start over.
It seems to me doing nothing is a big mistake for Mammoth, they need to tell fans what if coming or tell them S5 is cancelled.
I'm sure it's not cancelled, because it's a big money maker with 5/6 million viewers in England. I think Masterpiece Theater is totally stupid putting the series in the Fall. Any true fan found a way to view it when it was aired on BBC1. Are they so out of touch they don't get it? Or is it done on purpose so there's an excuse for no interviews?(that would be strange, not to want publicity)
The DVD's were announce in England, and of course are protected from viewing by the country code, but I have many sources of the series on Hd files and I'm no genius. haha
I don't think Mammoth's motivation is to make book readers happy, It's to make money. The longer they wait to talk about S5, the more possible money they loose..... Not everyone is as obsessed about the story as I. :))
I do think Debbie did a good job with the time frame she was allowed. My only gripe is changing Ross and Demelza's character.

message 14: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments For me the best option would be TSFTS and TMD as there is an ending there that could be created in a satisfactory way I think. As Trev has said the silence is worrying. The BBC does not usually give the go ahead for announcements about the next series until everything has been decided and agreed and the announcement was made early in May.

message 15: by Bernie (new)

Bernie | 301 comments My bet is that they will announce two new series with the delay being caused by them getting all under contract.

message 16: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Bernie wrote: "My bet is that they will announce two new series with the delay being caused by them getting all under contract."

Can you say more about your thoughts? I'm not sure what you mean by "caused by them getting all under contract." Aidan has refused to sign another contract and has been vague about any future Poldark work. Why would they announce two more series? Debbie Horsfield has announced she is writing 'The Count of Monte Cristo' with rumours that Aidan may be up for the main part.

message 17: by Trev (new)

Trev | 114 comments A very recent interview with Debbie Horsfield. Very little about Poldark ( right at the end) but it shows how her mind works. She is still hedging her bets but giving nothing away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/writersroo...

message 18: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Trev wrote: "A very recent interview with Debbie Horsfield. Very little about Poldark ( right at the end) but it shows how her mind works. She is still hedging her bets but giving nothing away.

http://www.bbc...."

What a tease DH is!!! To still give us that tiny bit of hope that prevents us facing up to the end of Poldark productions. I wonder if she is saying this to keep people interested in series 5 of Poldark. Pity the interviewer missed the opportunity of trying to get some info on the content of series 5. My bet is still on books 8 and 9. Then perhaps the BBC can be persuaded to allow her to finish the remaining three books.

message 19: by Ken (last edited Aug 05, 2018 09:08AM) (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments All the articles are BS.... CarterMatt just wrote the question on everyone's mind is WHEN they will start filming. haha

All interviewers know:
1. Debbie has already written S5
2. If she followed the book there's a big time gap
3. the cast was only contracted for 5 years
4. Aidan wants nothing to do with extended time in make-up chair every day.
5. Major characters missing in next book.
6. It's not done to start a generational story and only do it for one season.

I'm sure Debbie has a list of "do not ask" questions on interviews, but to dodge every thing about S5 for a years will cause fans to loose interest, especially because the leads seem to be reconciled.

Stella, I think DH will write about the gap....it's the only way she can use Morwenna/Drake and Caroline/Dwight who aren't in TSFTS. There have already been articles that it's being filmed in Cornwall....

message 20: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Ken - I cannot fault your reasoning, especially the following point.

"Stella, I think DH will write about the gap....it's the only way she can use Morwenna/Drake and Caroline/Dwight who aren't in TSFTS. There have already been articles that it's being filmed in Cornwall...."

I had completely overlooked that major characters are missing from book 8 and although Caroline and Dwight do feature in The Miller's Dance, they have much smaller parts if my memory is accurate. It is very odd that there has been no announcement about which books will be covered in series 5. In the past this has been announced long before now.

So I tend to agree with you but wish it could be otherwise.

message 21: by Stella (last edited Aug 06, 2018 07:21AM) (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments I have been looking through TSFTS. There is quite a significant amount of material for DH to draw on to cover the ten year gap. Although the characters don't actually appear in the book, they are written about and, for example, we are told about Sam marrying Rosina and how it came about. I am bracing myself for this possibility.

message 22: by Ken (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Stella wrote: "I have been looking through TSFTS. There is quite a significant amount of material for DH to draw on to cover the ten year gap. Although the characters don't actually appear in the book, they are w..."
I certainly think that's an option, Stella. Follow TSFTS and add Dwight/Caroline and Morsenna/Drake scenes. An 8 + book. haha
There's still the problem of Aidan not wanting extended make-up chair time, my bet is ET is not too keen either. DH could just ignore aging the characters and film.
All I know, if you can believe her, is DH has written the script. I don't see how waiting to announce something is a positive for the series. They can't possibly lay it on the fact S4 hasn't aired in the US. The web is loaded with spoilers, which is another reason airing 6 mos after BBC1 is stupid.

message 23: by Tanya, Moderator/Hostess (new)

Tanya | 640 comments Mod
Stella wrote: "I have been looking through TSFTS. There is quite a significant amount of material for DH to draw on to cover the ten year gap. Although the characters don't actually appear in the book, they are written about..."

I agree. That whole bit with Ross meeting up in Portugal with Geoffrey Charles and catching up could be fleshed out. Then there's the bit when Geoffrey Charles returns to Trenwith and his in-laws come to visit and Ross explains to Demelza how he knows Portuguese. Valentine talks later in the series about his childhood. Etc.

message 24: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Tanya wrote: "Stella wrote: "I have been looking through TSFTS. There is quite a significant amount of material for DH to draw on to cover the ten year gap. Although the characters don't actually appear in the b..."

Tanya - In addition I think Drake and Morwenna and Sam and Rosina could also be included but probably not Verity. Ross will still be an MP so characters from the political world could be in it. It lacks excitement though and I am having difficulty being enthusiastic.

message 25: by Ken (last edited Aug 06, 2018 09:47AM) (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Stella wrote: "Tanya wrote: "Stella wrote: "I have been looking through TSFTS. There is quite a significant amount of material for DH to draw on to cover the ten year gap. Although the characters don't actually a..."

Tanya, your enthusiasm gap is what many viewers are going through.... That's why someone needs to start hinting what S5 will cover, they don't need to go into detail. It seems DH's latest efforts aren't getting very good reviews. I hope Aidan and Eleanor think S5 is a career enhancer, they both seem very invested in their craft.

message 26: by Trev (new)

Trev | 114 comments Ken wrote: "Stella wrote: "Tanya wrote: "Stella wrote: "I have been looking through TSFTS. There is quite a significant amount of material for DH to draw on to cover the ten year gap. Although the characters d..."

I've thought of few titles for Poldark 7.5 written by DH.

1. Driftwood - (It just doesn't go anywhere.)
2. The splintered wreck. -( Lots of fragments but no substance.)
3. The Cave of Mysteries - (very dark and no one has a clue what is going on.)

I don't think this silence can last much longer - someone will spill the beans.

message 27: by Bernie (new)

Bernie | 301 comments While we are inventing stuff for series 5 I am surprised that Ken has’t suggest a flashback with Demelza bedding Hugh for the second time and grieving for his loss with wild dreams about their romp in the grass. When Ross is in Spain her could have her putting flowers on his grave and laughed by at how gullible Ross is as she looks for a new boy toy. Ken, did I cover all your plot points?

message 28: by Ken (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Trev wrote: "Ken wrote: "Stella wrote: "Tanya wrote: "Stella wrote: "I have been looking through TSFTS. There is quite a significant amount of material for DH to draw on to cover the ten year gap. Although the ..."

I like your titles, Trev
Why not "Demelza, England's first female MP" ..... "Ms. P. goes to London (again)''..... we need something "modern"

message 29: by Trev (last edited Aug 06, 2018 01:07PM) (new)

Trev | 114 comments Ken wrote: "Trev wrote: "Ken wrote: "Stella wrote: "Tanya wrote: "Stella wrote: "I have been looking through TSFTS. There is quite a significant amount of material for DH to draw on to cover the ten year gap. ..."

Ken wrote - 'We need something modern.....'

If it has to be 'modern' what about a reprise of 'The Four Swans' but this time entitled 'The Five Horsewomen of the Apocalypse' where Demelza, Caroline, Prudie, Morwenna and the ghost of Elizabeth form a desperate band of vigilantes. They wreak revenge on evil George and his rich villain friends while Ross, Dwight and Drake stay at home baking bread and looking after the children. They even discover a time portal cave whisking them back to the time of King Arthur where each of them is forced to marry a knight or face certain death. The good news is that the knights are all handsome hunks so they stay having adventures fighting evil foes who look suspiciously like their other husbands.

That should be a ratings winner.

message 30: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Trev wrote: "If it has to be 'modern' what about a reprise of 'The Four Swans' but this time entitled 'The Five Horsewomen of the Apocalypse' where Demelza, Caroline, Prudie, Morwenna and the ghost of Elizabeth form a desperate band of vigilantes. They wreak revenge on evil George and his rich villain friends while Ross, Dwight and Drake stay at home baking bread and looking after the children. They even discover a time portal cave whisking them back to the time of King Arthur where each of them is forced to marry a knight or face certain death. The good news is that the knights are all handsome hunks so they stay having adventures fighting evil foes who look suspiciously like their other husbands."

Trev - haha!!! Love it

message 31: by Trev (new)

Trev | 114 comments Here is a link to an interesting article looking at the Poldark series from a different angle.

It contains a number of inaccuracies ( eg Demelza will be nearing 50 in TSFTS) but is supporting the continuation of Poldark on TV beyond series 5.

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/...

message 32: by Ken (last edited Aug 07, 2018 07:02AM) (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Stella wrote: "Trev wrote: "If it has to be 'modern' what about a reprise of 'The Four Swans' but this time entitled 'The Five Horsewomen of the Apocalypse' where Demelza, Caroline, Prudie, Morwenna and the ghost..."
Trev, I don't believe that was an inaccuracy. The quote was, " Ross and Demelza are nearing fifty and the younger generation of Poldarks and Warleggans, now adults, take centre stage.' Which is totally true for Ross who was borne in 1760. Granted Demelza is only 40, but that qualifies as nearing. haha I liked the article because it was well written.

message 33: by Trev (new)

Trev | 114 comments Ken wrote: "Stella wrote: "Trev wrote: "If it has to be 'modern' what about a reprise of 'The Four Swans' but this time entitled 'The Five Horsewomen of the Apocalypse' where Demelza, Caroline, Prudie, Morwenn..."

Ken - I too liked the article and agreed with most of it. It was a bit different to the usual stuff that is churned out. I'm not sure if the writer realises that there is a ten year age gap between Ross and Demelza though. And if Ross shows contempt for George because he is a blacksmith's son, where does that leave Demelza?

message 34: by Ken (last edited Aug 07, 2018 09:05AM) (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Trev, I've read the article elsewhere on the web, and agree it's more quality than the usual gossip rags speculation. I wish I could find the 96' ITT version of TSFTS, it wasn't a hit,but I'd like to see it. The 75' series outpaced the books too. If Winston was unhappy with that series how do you think he'd feel about Debbie's?

(trev)" if Ross shows contempt for George because he is a blacksmith's son, where does that leave Demelza?"

In the sand? :))

message 35: by Tanya, Moderator/Hostess (new)

Tanya | 640 comments Mod
Ken wrote: "I wish I could find the 96' ITT version of TSFTS, it wasn't a hit, but I'd like to see it..."

I purchased the DVD from Amazon UK, I think. I wasn't able to view it on my US DVD player, but it worked fine with my DVD drive on my computer.

message 36: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Tanya wrote: "Ken wrote: "I wish I could find the 96' ITT version of TSFTS, it wasn't a hit, but I'd like to see it..."

I purchased the DVD from Amazon UK, I think. I wasn't able to view it on my US DVD player,..."

I don't think it's available any more in the UK. I tried a short while ago to get it but it wasn't available.

message 37: by Ken (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Tanya wrote: "Ken wrote: "I wish I could find the 96' ITT version of TSFTS, it wasn't a hit, but I'd like to see it..."

I purchased the DVD from Amazon UK, I think. I wasn't able to view it on my US DVD player,..."

Tanya, HDMI cable your computer to your flat screen and play it with a remote mouse. :)) I'd use VLC for the player.... best free software on the web.

message 38: by Tanya, Moderator/Hostess (new)

Tanya | 640 comments Mod
Ken wrote: "HDMI cable your computer to your flat screen and play it with a remote mouse."

That is pretty much what I did. :-) I now have a Roku 3 and I can "beam" content directly from my tablet to the TV without cables. (How do you think I watched Poldark Season 4?) ;-)

message 39: by Ken (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Stella wrote: "Tanya wrote: "Ken wrote: "I wish I could find the 96' ITT version of TSFTS, it wasn't a hit, but I'd like to see it..."

I purchased the DVD from Amazon UK, I think. I wasn't able to view it on my ..."

Thanks for the tip Stella

Very cool Tnaya, glad you didn't have problems with country codes.

message 40: by Trev (new)

Trev | 114 comments Ken wrote: "Stella wrote: "Tanya wrote: "Ken wrote: "I wish I could find the 96' ITT version of TSFTS, it wasn't a hit, but I'd like to see it..."

I purchased the DVD from Amazon UK, I think. I wasn't able to..."

Ken - your 'Demelza' joke made me laugh so I found this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...

and this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZuzsBy...

Not sure if either are useful but posted them anyway.

message 41: by Ken (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Trev wrote: "Ken wrote: "Stella wrote: "Tanya wrote: "Ken wrote: "I wish I could find the 96' ITT version of TSFTS, it wasn't a hit, but I'd like to see it..."

I purchased the DVD from Amazon UK, I think. I wa..."

Thanks for the links, Trev.... I'd never guessed Fico Poldark, haha
What's Fico stand for "Fornication in Cornwall's Outrageous."

message 42: by Ken (last edited Aug 08, 2018 02:22PM) (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Trev wrote: "Ken wrote: "Stella wrote: "Tanya wrote: "Ken wrote: "I wish I could find the 96' ITT version of TSFTS, it wasn't a hit, but I'd like to see it..."

I purchased the DVD from Amazon UK, I think. I wa..."

Thanks for the link, Trev. It was just what I was looking for. Now I have the file to watch when I have time.
I wrote a reply last night but it disappeared.

Here's something new on the web about an Aidan interview.
He added: “I think next year might be the last one, certainly for a while.

“We may come back, who knows. There’s a huge gap in the books, about 15 years.

“I wouldn’t age up, I’d come back in 10 years. I’d revisit it the right way, I’m not putting grey in my hair or anything like that.”

It's a shame Aidan doesn't know the books have a 10 year gap not 15
"Poldark boss Karen Thrussell has spoken about the future of the show." Was an new post too.... I won't post the link because she said absolutely nothing.

message 43: by Trev (last edited Aug 09, 2018 10:03AM) (new)

Trev | 114 comments Ken wrote: "Trev wrote: "Ken wrote: "Stella wrote: "Tanya wrote: "Ken wrote: "I wish I could find the 96' ITT version of TSFTS, it wasn't a hit, but I'd like to see it..."

I purchased the DVD from Amazon UK, ..."

Ken wrote - (Aidan Turner said) 'I wouldn't age up, I'd come back in ten years............I'm not putting grey in my hair or anything like that.

Looking at the full quote from Aidan ( see below), how can they do TSFTS? Even Demelza gets out the hair dye in that book. Could it be that AT is calling the shots re the last series and has demanded a 7.5?

'Turner told the Independent that he has "mixed feelings" about the Cornwall-set show ending.

"I think we’ve done really well with Winston’s books and I hope he’d be really proud," Turner said. "But it’s nice when things naturally come to an end, you don’t want things to go on really long."

That said, Turner would be open to coming back and reprising his role down the line. "I think next year might be the last one, certainly for a while," he said. "We may come back, who knows. There’s a huge gap in the books, about 15 years."

"I wouldn’t age up, I’d come back in 10 years," he continued. "I’d revisit it the right way, I’m not putting grey in my hair or anything like that."'

message 44: by Ken (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Trev, I'm sure AT's concerns are important to Mammoth, he is the star. More important though is the whole cast.... new people mean more money.... besides Morwenna/Drake and Caroline/Dwight have their own separate fans. I think Mammoth is putting on pressure to continue the story. A time jump would be more feasible if they had several more years to complete all 5 books. At least 2 seasons, but we've been told by everyone S5 is the last for a while.

message 45: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Ken wrote: "I think Mammoth is putting on pressure to continue the story. A time jump would be more feasible if they had several more years to complete all 5 books. At least 2 seasons, but we've been told by everyone S5 is the last for a while.

Ken - what makes you think Mammoth is putting on pressure to continue? Putting pressure on whom? The BBC? I don't think Eleanor would continue without Aidan. I prefer not to hope any more, but just accept that series 5 will be the last whatever it is based on.

message 46: by Ken (last edited Aug 10, 2018 04:12AM) (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Stella, you read me wrong..... Mammoth's pressure is to keep production costs down, I don't think there's a possibility to go beyond S5, because their big draw is AT/ET, and I think they've both had enough for now. When I said continue the story, I meant extend S4 and write about the gap using the existing cast.

message 47: by Ken (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Mock Turtle wrote: "As much as I've enjoyed the series, I'm almost at the point where I don't wish for another season, because I think it would be an anti-climax whatever angle they take.

I think it might have been b..."

I have to say I agree with you, Turtle. I keep asking myself were does the series go to top S4 for one season.

We'd all like to see the last 5 books covered, but not in 8 episodes..... I guess I don't have much hope in Debbie surprising me. haha At least not a positive surprise.

message 48: by Ken (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments WITF is going to show the first 3 seasons of Poldark in a marathon on Sept 1/2, for anyone interested.... here's the link

http://www.witf.org/on-air/2018/08/po...

message 49: by Stella (new)

Stella Day | 391 comments Mock Turtle wrote: "I think it might have been better to have 10 episodes in series 4 so as not to rush things and then call it quits."

I agree with you about this. But the actors had contracts for 5 years and it seems Mammoth didn't think enough about this until it was too late. The BBC is at fault too I think.

My money now is on series 5 being about the 10 year gap.

message 50: by Ken (new)

Ken Cummins | 353 comments Stella wrote: "But the actors had contracts for 5 years and it seems Mammoth didn't think enough about this until it was too late. The BBC is at fault too I think. ..."
Stella, I agree with both you and Turtle... My question is why 5 years? Surly when the series was being planned something had to come up about what books would be covered each year.

« previous 1