Christian Fiction Devourers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Games/Quizzes > August 2018 — Fortunately/Unfortunately

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by AlegnaB † (last edited Aug 02, 2018 10:14AM) (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 1014 comments Since we have a slow-moving game going, I thought y’all might like a fast-moving game. I got this idea from the GR Fun & Games group. Perhaps we’ve played that here before. Since I lack creativity, I have to steal ideas from others. 😄

I post a statement. Each player responds to the previous statement with a related statement beginning with “Fortunately” or “Unfortunately.” Each player must wait for at least one response before posting another statement (i.e. don’t respond to your own statement).

Example:

— I went to the store to buy food for supper.
— Unfortunately, the store didn’t have what I went to buy.
— Fortunately, it had my favorite chocolate candy bars.
— Fortunately, my family wasn’t home when I got home, and I could eat the whole bag without having to share.
— Unfortunately, I ate too much of it and got sick.
— Unfortunately, my family came home too soon, and I had to explain why was sick.

message 2: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 1014 comments Yesterday I visited the zoo.

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan | 83 comments Unfortunately, it started to rain.

message 4: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 1910 comments Mod
Fortunately, my hair was already covered by a paisley-printed scarf.

message 5: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 349 comments Unfortunately, my feet got soaking wet!

message 6: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Unfortunately, the mammals all hid in their caves and couldn't be seen by zoo patrons.

message 7: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 1014 comments Fortunately, I could see the beautiful birds in the aviary.

message 8: by Joy (new)

Joy (audioaddict1234) | 115 comments Unfortunately, the aviary was smelly!

message 9: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Loraine (librarydiva) | 3075 comments Mod
Fortunately, I had a handkerchief when I started to sneeze.

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) | 389 comments Unfortunately, my sneezing woke up the hippopotamus in the next exhibit over, who started bellowing loud enough to bring the house down!

message 11: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Fortunately, the zookeeper arrived to feed the hippopotamus and he quieted down.

message 12: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Unfortunately, my daughter got sick, and we spent the rest of the time in the cafe's restroom, while the rest of the family wandered from exhibit to exhibit.

message 13: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (neverenoughbookss) | 18 comments Fortunately when I got home from the zoo my husband offered to make dinner for the kids and I and wash dishes. Then I woke up realizing I had fallen asleep on the bus ride on the way home and had only been dreaming.

message 14: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Unfotunately, when I got home, the sink was piled with dirty dishes and laundry was stacked high waiting to be washed.

message 15: by Joy (new)

Joy (audioaddict1234) | 115 comments Fortunately, there were some paper plates in the cupboards and we still had some clean underwear. And the kids had fallen asleep for all the excitement, so I sat down in my recliner for a nap.

Hunter (Totally NOT a communist ☭) (codenameagentmcmuffin) Unfortunately, the plates had chew marks in them, indicating we had mice.

message 17: by Chris (new)

Chris | 312 comments Fortunately we have a cat that were on the prowl, pouncing on the mouse, capturing it and brought it to me as a gift.

message 18: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (neverenoughbookss) | 18 comments Unfortunately, after the cat brought the mouse to me as a gift my daughter got mad at it and left the window open. My cat is now on the roof meowing to get down.

message 19: by Loraine, CFD Momma (last edited Aug 03, 2018 03:25PM) (new)

Fortunately, the fire station is only a block away and they came and got the cat down.

message 20: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (gr-nancy-a) | 260 comments Unfortunately the cat brought fleas into the house after her outdoor adventures and rescue from the roof.

message 21: by Ebonie Jade (new)

Ebonie Jade | 5 comments Fortunately, my pet spider eats fleas.

message 22: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Unfortunately, a siren wailed up the street, followed quickly by a harsh pounding on my front door.

message 23: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (neverenoughbookss) | 18 comments Fortunately,the pounding on the door was my son who is a police officer. He rushed in to get the gorilla who had escaped from the zoo.

message 24: by Loraine, CFD Momma (last edited Aug 05, 2018 09:09AM) (new)

Unfortunately, the gorilla was hanging from the chandelier and eating all the bananas I had just purchased.

message 25: by Christine (new)

Christine | 463 comments Fortunately there is a Walmart open 24 hours down the road so I can buy more bananas and my son is great at handling gorillas!

message 26: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 516 comments Unfortunately, I slipped on the banana peels on the way to get my car keys.

message 27: by AlegnaB † (new)

AlegnaB † (alegnab) | 1014 comments Unfortunately, I ended up in the emergency room with a broken arm.

message 28: by Joy (new)

Joy (audioaddict1234) | 115 comments Fortunately , I had remembered to ask about that accident insurance with the duck when I was at work, so I didn’t have to worry about the ER bill.

message 29: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Unfotunately, I still had to pay for the ambulance.

message 30: by Christine (new)

Christine | 463 comments Fortunately the EMT was nice to look at!

message 31: by Loraine, CFD Momma (new)

Unfortunately, I looked like a mess!

message 32: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) | 389 comments Fortunately, the ambulance ride was short-lived, so both my embarrassment at looking a mess and my bill were minimal.

message 33: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (neverenoughbookss) | 18 comments Unfortunately when I got to the hospital I ran into my son's Algebra teacher and she wouldn't stop yakking . I really wasn't in the mood to talk.

message 34: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 516 comments Fortunately, her cell phone rang, and she excused herself and left the room.

message 35: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (neverenoughbookss) | 18 comments Unfortunately, then the announcement came over the hospital's public announcement system that the hospital was on lock down because of a loose snake in the building.

message 36: by Chris (new)

Chris | 312 comments Fortunately the snake was found and taken to the zoo along with the gorilla that was taken away from the house so I could return to the house with my son!

message 37: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 516 comments Unfortunately, when we got home, I discovered not only was our house still a disaster zone but we had been robbed.

message 38: by Linda (new)

Linda Branich (mabranich) | 201 comments Fortunately the police arrived quickly and discovered the robbers parked across the street changing a flat tire, their car filled with our valuables.

message 39: by Christine (new)

Christine | 463 comments Unfortunately we still had to clean up the mess in the house.

message 40: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 516 comments Fortunately, my best friend was able to come and help.

message 41: by Linda (new)

Linda Branich (mabranich) | 201 comments Unfortunately, she was VERY pregnant and went into labor!

message 42: by Jane (new)

Jane | 120 comments Fortunately, I used to be an ob/gyn doctor before the malpractice insurance got to be so outrageous.

message 43: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (neverenoughbookss) | 18 comments Unfortunately, I am now a trash collector and my hands always stink.

message 44: by Chris (new)

Chris | 312 comments Fortunately it was an easy delivery and mom and baby were in good shape when the ambulance came to pick them up.

message 45: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 516 comments Unfortunately, now I had to throw away a rug due to it being bloody.

message 46: by Linda (new)

Linda Branich (mabranich) | 201 comments Fortunately I had already been thinking about getting wall to wall carpeting.

message 47: by Andrea, Hospitality Coordinator (new)

Fortunately, there was a huge blowout sale on the exact pattern I wanted!

message 48: by Christine (new)

Christine | 463 comments Unfortunately, my husband wasn't very happy about the money that was put on the credit card to pay for it.

message 49: by Linda (new)

Linda Branich (mabranich) | 201 comments Fortunately I got a profit-sharing check from work the day the credit card bill arrived

message 50: by Joy (new)

Joy (audioaddict1234) | 115 comments Fortunately my carpet was installed and my house returned to a relatively normal state.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.