Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > October 2018 - Cozy Monthly Nominations

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (last edited Aug 09, 2018 08:42AM) (new)

message 2: by Jamie, Moderator (new)

Jamie Zaccaria | 157 comments Mod
I nominate Night of the Living Deed!

Night of the Living Deed (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #1) by E.J. Copperman

Newly divorced Alison Kerby wants a second chance for herself and her nine-year-old daughter. She's returned to her hometown on the Jersey Shore to transform a Victorian fixer-upper into a charming-and profitable-guest house. One small problem: the house is haunted, and the two ghosts insist Alison must find out who killed them.

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 15 comments I would like to nominate

The Quiche and the Dead (Pie Town Mystery #1) by Kirsten Weiss The Quiche and the Dead by Kirsten Weiss

Is Val's breakfast pie the quiche of death?

Owning her own business seemed like pie in the sky to Valentine Harris when she moved to the coastal California town of San Nicholas, expecting to start a new life with her fiancé. Five months—and a broken engagement—later, at least her dream of opening a pie shop has become a reality. But when one of her regulars keels over at the counter while eating a quiche, Val feels like she's living a nightmare.

After the police determine the customer was poisoned, business at Pie Town drops faster than a fallen crust. Convinced they’re both suspects, Val's flaky, seventy-something pie crust maker Charlene drags her boss into some amateur sleuthing. At first Val dismisses Charlene’s half-baked hypotheses, but before long the ladies uncover some shady dealings hidden in fog-bound San Nicholas. Now Val must expose the truth—before a crummy killer tries to shut her pie hole.

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Jamie wrote: "I nominate Night of the Living Deed!

Night of the Living Deed (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #1) by E.J. Copperman

Newly divorced Alison Kerby wants a second chance for herself and her nine-year-old daughter. She..."

Jamie your nomination is added to the list!

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Dlyn wrote: "I would like to nominate

The Quiche and the Dead (Pie Town Mystery #1) by Kirsten Weiss The Quiche and the Dead by Kirsten Weiss

Is Val's breakfast pie the quiche of death?

Owning..."

Dlyn your nomination is added to the list!

message 6: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  Paullin | 1286 comments Mod
I nominate Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie.

message 8: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) ⊱✿Gem✿⊰ wrote: "I nominate Hallowe'en Party by Agatha Christie."

Thanks, Gem. Your nomination is added to the list.

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Britney wrote: "I nominate Foul Play at the Fair by Shelley Freydont"

Thanks, Britney. Your nomination is added to the list.

message 10: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

message 11: by Leonard (new)

Leonard Krishtalka (goodreadscomuser_kris4138) | 12 comments I nominate The Bone Field Field, by Leonard Krishtalka, a paleontological intrigue wrapped inside a human intrigue.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 12: by Jenny (last edited Sep 06, 2018 07:25PM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Icewineanne wrote: "Her Royal Spyness (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #1) by Rhys Bowen Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen"

Thanks, Icewineanne. This book is very popular and the series is very popular. It will be the first series we will focus on. I am looking forward to reading Her Royal Spyness.

message 13: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Kris wrote: "I nominate The Bone Field Field, by Leonard Krishtalka, a paleontological intrigue wrapped inside a human intrigue.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4..."

Kris, I can not see if The Bone Field ( The Iron City Mysteries Book 1) by Leonard Krishtalka The Bone Field is a Cozy mystery. Would you like to add it to the general group's nominations? The Bone Field looks like a great book to read, Kris

message 14: by Leonard (new)

Leonard Krishtalka (goodreadscomuser_kris4138) | 12 comments Jenny wrote: "Kris wrote: "I nominate The Bone Field Field, by Leonard Krishtalka, a paleontological intrigue wrapped inside a human intrigue.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4..."

Yes, please add THE BONE FIELD to the general group's nominations. Much appreciated. Thanks. Kris

message 15: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Kris wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Kris wrote: "I nominate The Bone Field Field, by Leonard Krishtalka, a paleontological intrigue wrapped inside a human intrigue.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4......"

I have moved the Bone Field by Leonard Krishtalka to General nominations for you Kris.

message 16: by Leonard (new)

Leonard Krishtalka (goodreadscomuser_kris4138) | 12 comments Thanks, Jenny. Providing the Amazon link for readers to see the reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D4596FY/...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.