Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Aug 2018: The Duchess War > Poll Suggestions for September 2018

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Aug 16, 2018 11:05PM) (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
GO TO POLL
September's theme is Fantasy Romance. Books for this month should be set in a fantastical world — epic, urban, high, PNR, steampunk, whatever. Make your suggestions for September's pick here to be included in the poll. Please include a link to the book's Goodreads page if possible. This month's selection from the Suggested Reads for Vaginal Fantasy listopia is Dirty Magic.

The poll will go up in two weeks and will end August 31st. For more information see The Vaginal Fantasy Poll FAQ.

message 2: by AB (new)

AB | 34 comments Trickery, Curse of the Gods series, I love these books!

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 31 comments Hi All,

I would like to nominate the following:

Bitten by Kelley Armstrong

One of my favourite urban fantasy romance series.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraberestecki) | 163 comments I nominate Every Heart a Doorway which I've heard great things about!

message 5: by Amy (last edited Aug 02, 2018 10:02PM) (new)

Amy | 8 comments Star of the Morning, Lynn Kurland!

From the USA Today bestselling author comes the first in a magical romantic fantasy trilogy.

Darkness covers the north, since the black mage has begun his assault on the kingdom of Neroche. Legend has it that only the two magical swords held by Neroche's king can defeat the mage. Now the fate of the Nine Kingdoms rests in the hands of a woman destined to wield one of those blades...

In this land of dragons and mages, warrior maids and magical swords, nothing is as it seems. And Morgan will find that the magic in her blood brings her troubles she cannot face with a sword-and a love more powerful than she has ever imagined.

Star of the Morning (Nine Kingdoms, #1) by Lynn Kurland

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Kearney (makeralfish) Moonshadow

If you liked Nora Roberts Cousins O'Dwyer series, this is a more modern steamy version.

message 7: by Malaraa (new)

Malaraa | 335 comments The Golden City
Merfolk and mystery.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (j-boo) | 182 comments I nominate Ferromancer by Becca Andre.

I would still love for the group to read the author's The Final Formula, but have already nominated it in the past (and it came so close - 2nd place in the poll!) But I recently read Ferromancer, the first installment in her newer Iron Souls series, and enjoyed it quite a bit.

message 9: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (ttan) | 2 comments Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin YaBlind | 79 comments The Wanton Wisconsinites are reading Every Heart a Doorway for August and I'd recommend it for a quick, end of summer read.

Note: Someone else, Laura, had nominated it earlier in the thread, it just won't let me reply properly.

message 11: by Owlene (new)

Owlene The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman

message 13: by Minsta (new)

Minsta | 93 comments Teresa wrote: "Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett"

Thanks Teresa! I just voted for Foundryside :) Robert Jackson Bennett's City trilogy was fantastic!!