2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > TBR Twins, August

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Kara, TBR Twins (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3964 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

message 3: by Gail (new)

Gail (abbygg) | 345 comments Robin and I are reading Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo

message 4: by Kristina (last edited Aug 05, 2018 04:17PM) (new)

message 5: by Mani (new)

Mani (manisbookcorner) | 134 comments Salma and I will be reading The Zahir by Paulo Coelho

message 6: by Satin (new)

Satin (satin_ss) | 313 comments Jenny and I will be reading Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi

message 7: by Claire (new)

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie | 43 comments Has anyone not heard back from their Twin yet and is looking for a new one? It's about a week into the challenge and my Twin hasn't responded to my message so I'm looking for someone else to read with me this month! =)

message 9: by Satin (new)

Satin (satin_ss) | 313 comments Hi Katie! I actually have a tbr twin for this month, but I think I can be your twin too, if you still haven’t heard back from your original tbr twin;)

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 65 comments Shari and I will be reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

message 11: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett i have not heard back from Lysandra i email her 3 times

message 12: by Jhuma (new)

Jhuma Khan (jhumaaaa) Lana and I are halfway into The Lost Hero

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Harini and I will read Battle Royale, Vol. 01 by Koushun Takami

message 14: by Consuelo (new)

Consuelo | 190 comments Nadine hasn't answered me.

message 15: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Consuelo wrote: "Nadine hasn't answered me."

do you want to be a twin

message 16: by Consuelo (last edited Aug 12, 2018 05:54AM) (new)

Consuelo | 190 comments Tammie wrote: "Consuelo wrote: "Nadine hasn't answered me."

do you want to be a twin"

Okay

message 17: by Consuelo (new)

Consuelo | 190 comments Consuelo wrote: "Tammie wrote: "Consuelo wrote: "Nadine hasn't answered me."

do you want to be a twin"

Okay"

Tammie, your profile doesn't allow me to send you a message. If you want that we read a book together, please send me an email with the books you would like to read.

message 18: by Dianne (last edited Aug 21, 2018 06:59AM) (new)

Dianne Mck. (diannemck) | 56 comments My twin Deborah did not respond to me. Anyone want to be a twin these last few weeks? I'm ready to start a new book!

message 19: by Robin (new)

Robin A My twin and I finished our book and Thankful she was willing to read such quick easy read due to my busy month. Hope to sign up again some time for a little more of a challenge read

message 20: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Harini and I will read Battle Royale, Vol. 01 by Koushun Takami, a japanese manga. She was not use to reading manga because it is read panels from right to left and in an up to down sequence. She said "the dialogue confused me at times, it felt disjointed. Didn't like it as much as I expected to but will surely try the next volume."

Overall, she was okay with it. I saw the film before but never read it so I was actually interested in reading it to compare it to the film. Maybe I'm weird but I think I like the film better, maybe it is because I saw it first when most people read the book first before watching the film. I already finished volume 2 as well.