Aussie Readers discussion

Shell
This topic is about Shell
Archives > S&S Australia ARC August Giveaways - closes 31st August!

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Simon & Schuster Australia (simonschusteraustralia) | 34 comments Hi everyone, we have a really big month of giveaways...three wonderful new novels we're so excited about!

The first is the big, bold and hauntingly beautiful Shell by Kristina Olsson a spellbinding and poignant story which captures a defining moment in Australia's history. In 1965 as Danish architect Jørn Utzon’s striking vision for the Sydney Opera House transforms the skyline and unleashes a storm of controversy, the shadow of the Vietnam War and a deadly lottery threaten to tear the country apart. In the turmoil, a Swedish glassmaker and a fiercely independent Australian journalist are thrown together. This is a beautiful portrait of art and life, capturing a world on the brink of seismic change though the eyes of two unforgettable characters caught in the eye of the storm. It reminds us why taking a side matters.

The second is The Survivors, the new incredible new novel from Kate Furnivall. Set in Germany in 1945, this is an unforgettably powerful, epic story of love, loss and the long shadow of war. Discover this brilliant story of love, danger, courage and betrayal, from the internationally bestselling author of The Betrayal and The Liberation. Perfect for readers of Santa Montefiore and Victoria Hislop.

And finally, we have Make or Break by Catherine Bennetto. Catherine Bennetto is back with her trademark wit and an equally hilarious cast of characters who will have you rooting for them from the first page. This is a wonderful romantic comedy with heart, perfect for fans of Sophie Kinsella, Lindsey Kelk and Mhairi McFarlane.

You can learn more about both books and request them here:
http://www.simonandschuster.com.au/c/...

message 2: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea | 1680 comments Thanks S&S, Shell sounds fantastic.

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna | 76 comments Always love finding out about new releases so I can add more books to my TBR pile. :)

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Brenda | 70498 comments Mod
Thanks!! Love Kate Furnivall's work!

message 5: by Deb (new)

Deb | 207 comments How good does Shell sound! Must read that.

message 6: by Natty (new)

Natty (booknerdnatty) | 326 comments Thank you S & S I've entered...

message 7: by Kylie (new)

Kylie D | 740 comments Thankyou for the opportunity, I've just popped my entry in :)

Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews (amanda-mrsbsbookreviews) | 11 comments What great books! Thanks for the opportunity Simon & Schuster.

message 9: by Carolyn (last edited Aug 03, 2018 02:16AM) (new) - added it

Carolyn | 8137 comments Great books again S&S!
Thanks for the opportunity to enter the giveaways.

message 10: by Lily (new)

Lily (storytimewithlily) | 113 comments Really looking forward to Make or Break! Fingers crossed!

message 11: by Jo (new) - added it

Jo Rushby | 236 comments I have entered

message 12: by Sharah (new)

Sharah McConville | 437 comments Great giveaways as usual. I have entered. Fingers crossed!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I've entered

message 14: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe | 5953 comments I've entered for two of these. Thanks for the opportunity. It's great!

message 15: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 3 stars

They're great giveaways aren't they Dale :) A wonderful opportunity!

message 16: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe | 5953 comments Brenda wrote: "They're great giveaways aren't they Dale :) A wonderful opportunity!"

They sure are, Brenda!

message 17: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf) (melsbookshelf) | -53 comments Fantastic giveaway! Thanks S&S!!

message 18: by Sharon (new) - added it

Sharon | 4681 comments More great giveaways. Thank you S&S. Good luck everyone.

message 19: by Sharon (new) - added it

Sharon | 4681 comments Thank you S&S for my copy of The Survivors It just arrived today 😊

message 20: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nice Sharon!!

message 21: by Kylie (new)

Kylie D | 740 comments Thanks so much S&S, my copy of The Survivors was here when I got home :)

message 22: by Natty (new)

Natty (booknerdnatty) | 326 comments Yay arrived home from uni to find The Survivors waiting for me... Thank you so much S&S...

Jeanette | 388 comments The Survivors has arrived, thanks so much to S&S for this copy. Really looking forward to it.

Sorry could not get the link up on GR