2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Sunayana's Reading Goals for 2018

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Su9a (new)

Su9a | 2 comments Since I joined the GoodReads community at the end of July, I'm going to set a smaller goal of reading 25 books by Dec 31, 2018. That's about 5 books a month.

I'm going to try to read more if I can, but I'm really just using this year's reading goals as a way to get back into reading after not having done it in 6 years. With that said, I'm going to be using the following guidelines to help me though it:

(1) Of the 5 books I read per month, at least one has to be a big book. Big books are anything 500+ pages;
(2) While I enjoy Fantasy, YA, and Sci-Fi, I must read at least 1 non fiction per month; and,
(3) I also want to read more classics, so I must read at least 1 classic per month.

I'm going to leave it at these three rules. I don't want to make reading a chore by adding a lot of "musts."

I'm using GoodReads to help track my reading, bounce thoughts/ideas around with other readers, and find book reviews/recommendations.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 138 comments Hello Sunayana!

That sounds like a great plan.

Any particular titles you’re looking forward to reading?

message 3: by Su9a (new)

Su9a | 2 comments Hey Melissa!

Yes, I have a few titles on my list:

(1) The Caraval duology. I read Caraval and enjoyed it, so I'm keeping my eye out for the second book, Legendary, on Bookoutlet.com.

(2) The Shades of Magic trilogy. I've heard so many great things about it and so I can't wait to get started on those.

(3) On the Origin of Species by Darwin is probably going to be my next non-fiction read.

(4) Emma by Jane Austin

(5) Some of Victoria Woolf's work.

Any that you recommend?

Melissa wrote: "Hello Sunayana!

That sounds like a great plan.

Any particular titles you’re looking forward to reading?"

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Wishing you the best of luck with your goals Sunayana & happy reading!

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 138 comments I’ve just added the Shades of Magic series to my TBR list, as that looks pretty good!

My favorite reads so far this year were The Keeper of Lost Things and Exit West. Both were short and had beautiful description.

I’m looking forward to continuing the Outlander series with the 2nd book, Dragonfly in Amber and also reading a new fiction book I just picked up called There There by Tommy Orange.

Happy Reading!!