Play Book Tag discussion

The Reef
This topic is about The Reef
Archive: Other Books > The Reef by Nora Roberts almost 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karin (last edited Aug 01, 2018 03:41PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karin | 7018 comments A man, a woman, sunken treasure and a long, lost amulet with an apparent curse, a nefarious enemy, a tiny bit of magical realism--Nora Roberts dishing up romantic suspense. Most of this romantic adventure takes place at sea at St. Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean. If you enjoy Nora Roberts and/or romantic suspense then this may well be up your alley. I read it for points in a challenge as romance isn't really my cup of tea, but Roberts certainly knows how to write romance.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7759 comments I feel like almost three stars is really good from you considering this really isn't one of your preferred genres!

Karin | 7018 comments Nicole R wrote: "I feel like almost three stars is really good from you considering this really isn't one of your preferred genres!"

Yes, it is. There were moments when I was enjoying the book. It's just the "lips curved into his" type writing and some of that repetitive writing about attraction and a few other things that are why I don't read romance that really got in the way for me. I liked Shelter in Place better, though.