Willing To Review Christian Group discussion

SciFi-Fantasy > Speculative Espionage Duology!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jes (new)

Jes Drew | 2 comments For a limited time, I am offering PDF formats of Kristian Clark and the Agency Trap, books one and two: The Bachelor Missions (Kristian Clark and the Agency Trap #1) by Jes Drew and In the Rogue (Kristian Clark and the Agency Trap #2) by Jes Drew for review.

The good-guys, the bad-guys, and the wild card- it's the ultimate game of cloak and dagger...
Kristian Clark, private eye, thought his days as a special agent were behind him, but when he's drafted into action, he finds himself reunited with his old team- and painful memories of why they broke up in the first place. But as he plunges into mission after mission- from a 'holy heist' to babysitting a young hacker to going undercover in a cult- Kristian find that everything he tried to leave behind is coming back to haunt him with a vengeance, and then some. First there's the mysterious woman who knows more about Kristian- and his past- than makes sense while using science fiction weapons that don't make sense period. Then there are the shady powers-that-be who are responsible for drafting him back into this world to satisfy their own nefarious agendas. It's all Kristian can do to keep from being pulled into their games as he tries to figure out who to trust and what to fight for, even as the trap put in place to destroy him is set with a ticking clock.
When did espionage get so complicated?

Reviews needed by December 1st to be in time for the publication of an anthology of related short stories that will support charity.

If you are interested in reading and reviewing these two books, or have any questions, just private message me.

message 2: by Richard (new)

Richard Spillman | 2 comments I am looking for someone who might be interested in reviewing my novel, The Awakened, which will be released Oct 1. If you are I can send you a hard copy just before then or, as soon as my publisher is done with the current and final edit, I could send you an ecopy. Contact me at spillmrj@plu.edu. The book is Christian spec fiction. The back cover summary is below. Also the origin of this book tells a lot about the content as well so I want to give you the short version.

I run a small ministry called The Kingdom is Near Ministries. Every year I take a small team over to the Philippines to support small isolated churches in the slums and in the jungle. About four years ago I was told that an ISIS branch had stolen the cell phone of a pastor serving in a small, remote village. They had our plans for the week and our cell phone numbers. During that week they would call once or twice a day telling us to stop or they would hunt us down and behead us.

We were extra cautious but we didn’t stop. It’s a long story but God protected us and turn the tables on ISIS. When I got home the reality of what we faced hit me. I sat down to try make sense of it all. I asked myself how could these men become so evil that they wanted to kill me. And for what, taking food, medicine, and Bibles into remote areas. To make it clear in my mind I had to write about it. Hence The Awakened was born, an epic story of the struggle over the soul of mankind. ISIS is in this story but as you read it you will discover that some of the ISIS characters are redeemable. When you read it see if you can identify who they are and what makes them come to the truth.

If you are also interested in doing an author interview I can tell you the whole story.

Thanks, Richard Spillman

Everyone dies once. But what if a chosen few were raised from the dead?

Two thousand years ago Jesus resurrected his friend, Lazarus and founded a secret organization: SOAR. Since then Jesus has added to the resurrected—The Awakened—to aid Lazarus in SOAR's battle against Satan's slaves, the UnVeilers. The threat is escalating. The UnVeilers have stepped up their attacks on mankind through a charming leader and a devastating series of bombings in Dubai and Tel Aviv. But the invasion doesn't stop with international terrorism. The UnVeilers are searching for a secret that Jesus embedded in Lazarus’ journal that not even Lazarus knows—and it will determine the fate of mankind. After a failed cyber-attack against SOAR's computers, Lazarus and his team of experts must find the secret before the UnVeilers do. What clue is he overlooking that could turn the tide of this ageless conflict?

The souls fighting with Lazarus are weary, but the war against evil is far from won. Can Lazarus and his team set aside their longing for heaven and put a stop to these satanic attacks before it's too late?