What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Good Families Don't
This topic is about Good Families Don't
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book involving a monster taking over a family. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new) - added it

Ben Middleton | 3 comments I don't remember much but it involved some kind of slime monster eventually sitting on the mother, then the father, then a cop. But is defeated when the little girl pushes him back with a good smelling flower.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
When did you read it?
Picture book?
Style of illustrations?
Cover?

message 3: by Ben (new) - added it

Ben Middleton | 3 comments I read it at some point during the 90s. It wasn't pretty new so it had to have just come out. It was a picture book. The illustrations were between realistic and cartoony, if that makes sense. I know they had exaggerated poses and like. If I recall the monster sat on the father, then the mother then a cop that came over to investigate the ruckus. I don't remember the cover. I remember the main character was wearing a white nightgown and the monster wasn't hairy, was green and had a big mouth with two buck teeth. Also the monster shrinks down and diminishes in size when confronted with the flower. There was something to his name, like a rhyme or a reason why he was there?

message 4: by Ben (new) - added it

Ben Middleton | 3 comments I found it
It's "Good Families Don't" by Robert Munsch

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35166 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Ben. Thanks for the update. Here's the link - Good Families Don't by Robert Munsch.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Good Families Don't (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robert Munsch (other topics)