Janet Evanovich Book Group discussion

Look Alive Twenty-Five (Stephanie Plum, #25)
This topic is about Look Alive Twenty-Five
Stephanie Plum Series > Look Alive Twenty-Five sounds delicious

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nicole (nlojeda) | 222 comments Mod
STEPHANIE PLUM FACES THE TOUGHEST PUZZLE OF HER CAREER IN THE TWENTY-FIFTH ENTRY IN JANET EVANOVICH’S #1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING SERIES.

Nothing’s more Jersey than a good delicatessen. And if you’re visiting Trenton, you can’t do better than the Red River Deli.

The coleslaw’s edible and the oil in the deep fryer gets changed—eventually. It’s a tribute to quality management, but that’s now in jeopardy because the last three managers have vanished. The only clue in each disappearance is one shoe left behind.

Stephanie Plum, Jersey girl and bounty hunter extraordinaire, is stepping into the manager’s shoes…well, shoe. The hottest detective on the force, Stephanie’s boyfriend, Joe Morelli, is running down clues, and the always mysterious Ranger is sticking to Stephanie like pork roll to an egg sandwich.

If Stephanie intends to avoid disappearing and hold on to 100 percent of her footwear, she has to do more than man the potato salad—she needs to find out who took the previous victims. Each disappearance leads to more questions, but with Stephanie and Lula running the deli, the most pressing question remains: How many “l”s in salmonella?"

https://www.evanovich.com/look-alive-...

Anita (anitanodiva) | 286 comments Three months till the November 13 publication date. I'm counting the days.

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Anita wrote: "Three months till the November 13 publication date. I'm counting the days."

Me too Anita! My library just put the audio on order now I wait til they put up the book :)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 286 comments I listened to the last book and found I prefer to read the books I know I'm really going to like.

Susan (writergirl33) | 2 comments I CANNOT wait! Excited to see what Stephanie gets up to next :-) Already on my library wait list....191 of 260

Anita (anitanodiva) | 286 comments I've been on my Library Hold list since June. I have no idea where on the list I am.

Debbie (debbiegray) | 7 comments I will go on the wait list in Oct. at my local library. They don't start it till then and I'm normally first on the list

Cheri (nannycil) | 68 comments Anita wrote: "I've been on my Library Hold list since June. I have no idea where on the list I am."

My library just put the book up so I am #1 now to get it.....YAYYYY!

Anita (anitanodiva) | 286 comments Congratulations! I won't know my position on the wait list till my libraries actually purchase the book. Anyway, we all wait and count the days!

Nicole (nicoco2go) | 1 comments Now just one week away. I am just as excited as I was when I read the 2nd book

Crystal-Rain Love (crystalrainlove) | 26 comments I can't wait. Ranger seemed really off in the last 2 books. There was all this progression, even a "Sometimes I seriously consider marrying you" then BAM! It really bothered me when Stephanie called to ask about staying at his apartment and he asked for how long. In earlier books he made comments about "I wouldn't have given you the key if I needed privacy" and he's asked many times if she'd consider staying with him so that just didn't sit right with me at all. I'm hoping for more of the Ranger we had in 8-22 :)

Susan (writergirl33) | 2 comments Crystal-Rain wrote: "I can't wait. Ranger seemed really off in the last 2 books. There was all this progression, even a "Sometimes I seriously consider marrying you" then BAM! It really bothered me when Stephanie calle..."

OMG yes--more Ranger needed---CAN'T WAIT to read this one!

message 13: by Anita (last edited Nov 13, 2018 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anita (anitanodiva) | 286 comments Just downloaded Look Alive Twenty-Five (Stephanie Plum, #25) by Janet Evanovich Look Alive Twenty-Five. Next up after I finish an excellent thriller A Dark Lure (A Dark Lure #1) by Loreth Anne White A Dark Lure

Anita (anitanodiva) | 286 comments Look Alive Twenty-Five (Stephanie Plum, #25) by Janet Evanovich Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet Evanovich 4-Stars
Funky, Fun Mystery w/Cliffhanger
My Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I still haven’t gotten my copy! How is it? I’m so excited to read it during my week off of work!

Crystal-Rain Love (crystalrainlove) | 26 comments I really liked it. The fun part was finding the references to previous books Janet sprinkled in to celebrate the 25th book. Some were really fun when they popped out at me. Plenty of Ranger once he finally showed up (Yes, I count pages til Ranger shows up-lol). All of them working together in the deli was so funny. :)

Nicole wrote: "I still haven’t gotten my copy! How is it? I’m so excited to read it during my week off of work!"

Anita (anitanodiva) | 286 comments It's great! Lulu is wonderful and Ranger and Stephanie kick the sexual banter into high gear. Wonderful fun.

Debbie (debbiegray) | 7 comments Just finished reading this. I loved it! So vintage Stephanie. Laugh out loud funny, which I think has been missing in the last couple of books. Now with such a cliff hanger ending....do we really have to wait a year....REALLY? Janet don't do this to us!

Crystal-Rain Love (crystalrainlove) | 26 comments Sadly, Janet has no say over release dates or prices since she's traditionally published. Believe me, it's just as annoying for authors to have to wait so long after finishing a book for it to be released into the wild. I just hope she has a whole queue of books in the series already completed so we keep getting them... or until (if) she concludes the series. :)

Just got my copy as a gift!! Excited to read it.

Crystal-Rain Love (crystalrainlove) | 26 comments I'm so glad I caved and bought the hardcover when it was on sale before Christmas. The paperback won't be out until forever and my library STILL has a waiting list for it.

I put up a Ranger vs Morelli poll on my author page on FB. Only 3 votes so far including mine but they're all for Ranger! lol. I'm Ranger deprived. I'm so ready for #26 !

Anita (anitanodiva) | 286 comments I have a little secret on how to get new releases quickly through the library, my libraries at least. We know months in advance when a book is scheduled to be published. I'm going to use The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6) by Janet Evanovich by Janet Evanovich as an example. The release date is March 26, 2019. I "Recommended" the book for purchase on December 21, 2018 and my library bought it. I'm #7 on the list for the two copies they bought. When I know a book I want to read is going to be published, I start checking to see if the library has it listed either through Overdrive as an e-book or the library system as a hard back, then I "Recommend" it and that puts me on the waiting list. Works like a charm just about every time.

Crystal-Rain Love (crystalrainlove) | 26 comments Awesome, Anita! I buy 99% of books I read but I get Janet's as paperback and couldn't wait that long. It's the worst part of being all caught up! :)