YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Grace and Fury (Grace and Fury, #1)
This topic is about Grace and Fury
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Grace and Fury (Grace and Fury #1) by Tracy Banghart - Restarting February 3rd 2020

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22776 comments Mod
In a world where women have no rights, sisters Serina and Nomi Tessaro face two very different fates: one in the palace, the other in prison.

Serina has been groomed her whole life to become a Grace - someone to stand by the heir to the throne as a shining, subjugated example of the perfect woman. But when her headstrong and rebellious younger sister, Nomi, catches the heir's eye, it's Serina who takes the fall for the dangerous secret that Nomi has been hiding.

Now trapped in a life she never wanted, Nomi has only one way to save Serina: surrender to her role as a Grace until she can use her position to release her sister. This is easier said than done. A traitor walks the halls of the palace, and deception lurks in every corner. But Serina is running out of time, imprisoned on an island where she must fight to the death to survive and one wrong move could cost her everything.

message 2: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Yay!!! Can't wait to start this!

So so far it's reminding me a bit of The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass . Just with the whole many girls vying for one guy.

(view spoiler)Reminds me of some of my Korean and Chinese historical dramas which is what really drew me to this book. I was really sad when they pushed the date back a week but it's finally here!

I'm not a huge fan of the dual POV but I'm sure it will be helpful. I already have a good idea of what the 'crime' will be and who is 'grace' and who is 'fury'.

I was surprised at how short this book was. Even shorter than the listed page length of 320.

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Started this today!

Chap 4
(view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "I was surprised at how short this book was. Even shorter than the listed page length of 320."

It is really short! Definitely a quick read

Chap 17
(view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments Chap 22
(view spoiler)

Ashley (itsmedaisy) | 1426 comments end
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments WTH!!! Oh no he didn't

Chapters 1-4(view spoiler)

message 10: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Chapter 5 -20 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Chapter 21-26 (view spoiler)

message 12: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Chapter 37 description
(view spoiler)

message 13: by Rae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rae Lake | 2199 comments Chapter 38 -fin (view spoiler)

Ashley wrote: "Started this today!

Chap 4
[spoilers removed]"

I was wondering why they were chosen as well. Never went in to detail about that.

Ashley wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "I was surprised at how short this book was. Even shorter than the listed page length of 320."

It is really short! Definitely a quick read

Chap 17
[spoilers removed]"

She doesn't despite having more opportunities to learn. Serina is the brains.

Ashley wrote: "Chap 22
[spoilers removed]"

I was thinking the same thing.

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Chapters 1-2 (view spoiler)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Rae wrote: "WTH!!! Oh no he didn't

Chapters 1-4[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Rae wrote: "Chapter 5 -20 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Carrie (boombaby13) | 4289 comments Ashley wrote: "end
[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 21: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 4th of September 2018

************************************************************************************************************************************

message 22: by Aly (last edited Sep 03, 2018 05:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 10009 comments @Bookbuyer I agree it reminds me of The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass as well. Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

message 23: by Aly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 10009 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

Aly wrote: "@Bookbuyer I agree it reminds me of The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cassas well. Chapter 5 [spoilers removed]"

Glad I'm not the only one! :D

message 25: by Aly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 10009 comments Chapter 26 (view spoiler)

message 26: by Aly (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 10009 comments Finished (view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Starting this!

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Chapters 1-4
(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Chapters 5-12
(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments Chapters 13-19
(view spoiler)

Ari ☾ (aricakes) | 626 comments 20-to the end of the book.
(Finishing)
(view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84118 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting July 13th 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Starting this today :)

Alaina (ameserole) I have a couple of books that I need to finish before diving into this but will get to it by the weekend :)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Alaina wrote: "I have a couple of books that I need to finish before diving into this but will get to it by the weekend :)"

Okay :)

Alaina (ameserole) looks like I should be able to dive into this later tonight or tomorrow :) I love getting caught up in reading!

Alaina (ameserole) Are you enjoying it so far?

message 38: by These Violent Delights (last edited Jul 13, 2019 04:10PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapters 1-12

(view spoiler)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapters 13-18

(view spoiler)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Alaina wrote: "Are you enjoying it so far?"

Honestly, I am not really loving this book so far. Maybe the ending will be really good...

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapters 19-25

(view spoiler)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapters 26-32

(view spoiler)

These Violent Delights (Robin) | 776 comments Chapters 33-40 (Finished)

(view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) These Violent Delights wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Are you enjoying it so far?"

Honestly, I am not really loving this book so far. Maybe the ending will be really good..."

Oh no :( but you did finish it!! I was going to read today but ugh, work got in the way - and it was my WFH day too! Plus ac issues were annoying to deal with :( I'm hoping to be all caught up in books by this weekend

Alaina (ameserole) Ch 4: (view spoiler)
Ch. 12: (view spoiler)
Ch. 22: (view spoiler)
Finished: (view spoiler)

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting February 3rd 2020. Happy Reading ☺

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 47: by Lily (new) - added it

Lily (galvadonexnorta) | 236 comments I just finished the first chapter and it is setting up similarly to another book I have read recently. The difference so far is the tension and jealousy between the two sisters. I am curious to how that will turn out.

message 48: by Lily (new) - added it

Lily (galvadonexnorta) | 236 comments 24%- Great so far. I thought that the Grace choosing process would take up much more of the story. I’m curious what will happen to Serina and am enjoying Nomi’s character and attitude.