Dear Enemy (Daddy-Long-Legs, #2)
This topic is about Dear Enemy
Group Book Discussions Archives > Dear Enemy - Aug 18

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sawako | 483 comments Mod
Please share what you think of the characters and story for Dear Enemy

I'm thoroughly enjoying the book. I had no idea it would be so much fun.

Azuma-chan | 49 comments I already read this book and it was so much fun. I finished it a the time when I just used to make general updates without writing at review at the end. I'm thinking of reading it again along with the first book (My Daddy Long Legs)

Azuma-chan wrote: "I already read this book and it was so much fun. I finished it a the time when I just used to make general updates without writing at review at the end. I'm thinking of reading it again along with ..."

I'm happy you enjoyed the book. And I'm looking forward to reading your book review.

Lanelle | 361 comments Mod
One of my favorite lines from the book is how Sallie describes the enemy: "...what is the matter with the man? Has he committed some remorseful crime, or is his taciturnity due merely to his natural Scotchness? He's as companionable as a granite tombstone!"

I suppose I should have wondered why he was so dour.

I've been trying to figure out why I liked Dear Enemy a little bit more than Daddy-Long-Legs. I think because Daddy-Long-Legs is more introspective. The story seems to be about Judy and her growth. Dear Enemy seems to go from event to event, while the readers are curious about the relationship between Sallie and her enemy. I tend to like action in my books.

Lanelle wrote: "I've been trying to figure out why I liked Dear Enemy a little bit more than Daddy-Long-Legs. I think because Daddy-Long-Legs is more introspective. The story seems t..."

I have to agree with you, Lanelle.

Little update:

Sorry for being inactive. I was so busy. Now, I have some free time to read the book.

The problem is I can't find where I did stop with the book on Moon Reader app.

So, I went to the Open Library website. I found several editions that you can read online and one that you can borrow.

Obviously, I picked the borrow version. I seem to prefer to have a book deadline. I should do the same with Little Women.

Going to start from the beginning. Bye!

I've finished reading Dear Enemy today. What an amazing book! It was engaging, interesting, and filled with lots of events. I also liked the mystery around Doctor Robin. I didn't guess that (view spoiler)

I felt that the ending (view spoiler)

It didn't occur to me that the doctor (view spoiler)

Lanelle wrote: "It didn't occur to me that the doctor [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, Me too! When I think about it now there was a hint (view spoiler).