What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy? A group goes back in time to hunt dinosaurs but i do not think it's" A sound of thunder". Minor Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sebastian (new)

Sebastian Szynk | 2 comments So the main guy had an expensive car something like a mustang. He was a good driver which is why he was offered to be the driver of a group of people going back in time to hunt dinos. The group consisted of *but not limited to* a few women, the main guy, stereotypical douche character, other driver. Main guy at first had a difficulty with driving a jeep but later adjusted. Also he wasn't much of a gun person like the "douche guy" but that changed, also was falling in love with one of the girls on the trip.

MINOR SPOILER: Their trip didnt go so well, and they had to fight for survival, and also to get back to a platform where they could get back to their times. Once they finally get back the book ends in the main guy receiving a double-barrel shotgun iI think as a gift and dinosaurs rampaging in the cafe he was sitting in.

I read the book around 2012 and I think it's a fairly recent book.

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2056 comments There's a series of stories by L. Sprague DeCamp about hunters going back to time to hunt dinosaurs - the main characters are the safari managers. The first of the stories is
"A Gun for Dinosaur"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Gun_f...

message 3: by Sebastian (new)

Sebastian Szynk | 2 comments Andy wrote: "There's a series of stories by L. Sprague DeCamp about hunters going back to time to hunt dinosaurs - the main characters are the safari managers. The first of the stories is
"A Gun for Dinosaur"
..."

After reading plot summary this doesn't seem like it's the book I'm looking for

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2357 comments Are you 100% sure it isn't "A Sound of Thunder"? It sounds very much like it. If it's not that, can you talk about what parts don't match up? That might help us narrow down options.

message 5: by Justanotherbiblophile (last edited Jun 13, 2021 11:10AM) (new)

Justanotherbiblophile | 1740 comments Michele wrote: "what parts don't match up?"

Since you asked, I reread my copy, here's things that don't match OP's description:

* good driver / expensive car / hired as driver (no cars/jeeps - only a floating metal path)
* group consisted of ... women (no women; 5 men: 2 guides, 3 hunters)
* falling in love (no romance sub-plot)
* fight for survival (vs. straight in and out; ~5-10m safari: T.Rex had only 2m to live - bullets dug out after its death; selfie opportunity)
* Once they ... get back (getting back was end of ASoT)
* dinosaurs rampaging in the cafe he was sitting in (dinosaurs didn't invade)

message 6: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4885 comments Maybe, Dinosaurs & a Dirigible ?

Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?