Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > YA Sci-Fi, 90k words

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julia (last edited Aug 01, 2018 08:21PM) (new)

Julia Esposito (jule009) | 4 comments Hi! I'm looking for beta readers for my YA science fiction manuscript.

Sarcastic and outspoken 18-year-old, Zoe, never thought going to a grocery store would change her life.
She also never thought aliens existed.
But when she's abducted during a shopping run, she finds herself trapped in a spaceship, surrounded by aliens that look unusually human-like.
Having to deal with a mysteriously helpful extraterrestrial assigned to watch her, a supposedly insane human companion, and the possibility of world destruction is a lot more difficult than it seems...and way too much for a teenager to handle.

Excerpt: "Then, the door opened.
Not just the small opening at the bottom where my food came in. The full door.
And just inside the threshold of the door was…
Well, I’ll be gosh darned.
The most beautiful boy I’d ever seen. Light blonde hair, eyes as blue as the arctic ocean, and a facial structure Da Vinci would be jealous of. I really hoped my jaw hadn’t dropped. I hoped I wasn’t blushing and making a fool of myself.
But, wow, look at me, I’m probably about to die, and all I can do is admire this highly attractive person standing in my doorway. He was probably there to kill me. In that second, I would’ve been honored to die at his hands.
“Get up,” he said, his voice utterly monotone. It ruined whatever fantasies I’d had in my head. He held the door open, waiting for me to begin moving.
Like hell.
I sat firmly on the ground, my back pressed against the wall as it had been for the majority of the last week. I wasn’t ready to die. I absolutely refused.
The boy sighed, an irritated expression crossing his face. Please, like he even had a right to be irritated. What? Did he want me to apologize? Yeah, sorry I’m not exactly in the best mood after being abducted by an alien race.
“Get up. Now,” he repeated.
I wasn’t going to budge. I was tired of being trapped and caged like a pet. I wasn’t something they could just use.
He seemed to think otherwise."

message 2: by A (new)

A Holding | 7 comments Julia wrote: "Hi! I'm looking for beta readers for my YA science fiction manuscript.

Sarcastic and outspoken 18-year-old, Zoe, never thought going to a grocery store would change her life.
She also never though..."

Hi Julia, comic scifi/fantasy is my genre of choice. I'd be happy to take a look at this if you're still seeking! Steve

message 3: by Julia (new)

Julia Esposito (jule009) | 4 comments A wrote: "Julia wrote: "Hi! I'm looking for beta readers for my YA science fiction manuscript.

She als..."

Hi Steve!
I'd be grateful if you could take a look at my book! Sorry for the late response - I just came home from vacation. What's your e-mail so I can send you the Word document?

Thanks!
Julia