Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > YA Fantasy/Romance recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherre (new)

Sherre (bananano) | 4 comments Hello everyone, i'm still relatively new to the community so i'm looking for book recommendations!! I'm mostly looking for YA Fantasy/Romance with a nice slow burn romance thats lasts until the end of the book or the end of the series? I'm not too much of a fan where the mc and the love interest are together by the middle of the book lol, I gotta have my banter and not instant-swoon. Bonus points if its enemies/hate to love!!!! Even more bonus points if it involves kingdoms or a princeling love interest ahahaha.....

Ive been scouring goodreads for the past half year by myself looking for some good books with what im looking for in them but I think I would be better off asking the community and getting reccs here!

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 493 comments UnEnchanted
Amethyst
City of Bones
Red Queen
If you want some more just let me know ;-)

message 3: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (literary_lacy) A Court of Thorns and Roses
Throne of Glass

message 4: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 13 comments Hi, those are exactly the sort of books I like to read too!

A couple I've enjoyed recently:
Fantasy of Frost Took me a while to get into the first book but the rest of the series I really loved. There's not much romance in the first book but it picks up from the second onwards and I loved how the MC grew in the series.

Fire Book 2 in the Graceling series but really its a standalone as its with completely different characters and setting to the first (which I thought wasn't nearly as good). I thought the romance in this was just really sweet.

message 5: by Sherre (new)

Sherre (bananano) | 4 comments Hannah wrote: "UnEnchanted
Amethyst
City of Bones
Red Queen
If you want some more just let me know ;-)"

Thanks so much! I read Red Queen already, but I will definitely be checking out the other 3! If you do have anymore, please do send them my way!! :)

Lacy wrote: "A Court of Thorns and Roses
Throne of Glass"

Ive actually already read both of those, but thank you for still replying! :)

Hayley wrote: "Hi, those are exactly the sort of books I like to read too!

A couple I've enjoyed recently:
Fantasy of Frost Took me a while to get into the first book but the rest of the series I..."

Oh wow!! Were a perfect match, LOL! I actually have Fantasy of Frost on my to-read list but ive been hesitant because the description sounded like insta-love with the Prince LOL. Hows the relationship between the mc and the prince in it? It sounds right up my alley though, so since you suggested it I might try to get on it once I finish my current book!
And wow, I had no idea that the second book in Graceling was a different story? I never read the first one but ive definitely been meaning to get around to it. I'll be checking out Fire first since you recc'd it. Thank you so much, i'm definitely going to be checking out your profile for more reads hehehehe.....If you have anymore reccs please do send them to me!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Anything by Becky Albertalli

message 7: by Hayley (new)

Hayley | 13 comments I can't really give much away without spoilering Fantasy of Frost but the main romance isn't with the prince in the description. I'm not a fan of insta love either. The fun is in the build up!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

A cutting thorns and roses series!!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Court not cutting sorry

message 11: by Lina (new)

Lina | 81 comments Try “Vampire Academy” by Richelle Mead

message 12: by FloorM (last edited Aug 14, 2018 03:03AM) (new)

FloorM | 106 comments Wither
City of Bones
Legend
Vampire Academy
A Thousand Pieces of You

Maybe one of these series? I all really liked them :)

message 14: by Sherre (new)

Sherre (bananano) | 4 comments Oh wow, thank you for all the recommendations everyone! I'm very grateful! :)

Ill be looking over each one in a bit and adding some to my to-read list, thanks again! If anyone still feels like adding onto this with more recs I do appreciate it!

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizaliterary) Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Two of my favorites that fit under this category!

message 16: by Sherre (new)

Sherre (bananano) | 4 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Two of my favorites that fit under this category!"

Thank you!! Both sound amazing! Poison Study sounds VERY much up my alley, i'm extremely excited to read it soon and just checked it out from the library......... :D

message 17: by Jacinta (new)

Jacinta Jade Can definitely recommend 'A Court of Thorns and Roses' series by Sarah. J. Maas...great writer :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Agree.

message 19: by FernLovesBooks (new)

FernLovesBooks | 2 comments  hi there, I'm looking for any recommendations in where one best friend is in love with the other best friend's brother or sister.
thank you.