Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's July 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1606 comments This is pretty early for me to post, but I'm so excited to be going to North Carolina this weekend to see my youngest son and his family! I haven't seen him since he was here for my stepson's funeral 2 years ago. I'd better hurry before my grandchildren are married :)

I'm doing the same thing as Jan...trying to catch up on some of my print series. So many have ended and I might as well get them off the shelf. Unfortunately, a lot of them were not very good. Either that, or I'm just getting to darn picky.

Putting on the Witch by Joyce Lavene "3.5"
Whispers in Winter: A Bess Bullock Retirement Home Mystery by Allen Boyer "3.5"
Perish in the Palm by Kari Lee Townsend "3.5"
Mai Tai Butterfly by JoAnn Bassett "4"
Suspicions at Sunset by Allen Boyer "3.5"
The Cat Sitter and the Canary by Blaize/John Clement "4.5"
Death of an Honest Man by M.C. Beaton "3.5"
The Chocolate Bunny Brouhaha by JoAnna Carl "3.5"
A Sticky Situation by Jessie Crockett "3.5"
Hiss and Tell by Claire Donally "3"
Catch as Cat Can by Claire Donally "3"
DNF: I'm getting pretty good at giving up!
Truffled to Death by Kathy Aarons
Maple Mayhem by Jessie Crockett

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3599 comments I read Truffled to Death and Maple Mayhem. Both were losers!! I read 3 of the Fortune Teller mysteries by Kari Townsend and never bothered with more. Haven't read a Cat Sitter book since she died.

message 3: by OMalleycat (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Susie wrote: The Cat Sitter and the Canary by Blaize/John Clement "4.5"

I'm so glad you mentioned this book, Susie. I read the first in the series a couple of years ago and I haven't been able to remember the author or name of the series so I could find more. Thank you!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14294 comments Susie: Enjoy your trip and seeing your family! Nice list for July.

Susie wrote: "This is pretty early for me to post, but I'm so excited to be going to North Carolina this weekend to see my youngest son and his family!.."

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3590 comments have a great trip, susie!

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1606 comments Melodie wrote: "I read Truffled to Death and Maple Mayhem. Both were losers!! I read 3 of the Fortune Teller mysteries by Kari Townsend and never bothered with more. Haven't read a Cat Sitter book since she died."

Thank you Melodie! Now I don't seem so picky :)

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1606 comments OMalleycat wrote: "Susie wrote: The Cat Sitter and the Canary by Blaize/John Clement "4.5"

I'm so glad you mentioned this book, Susie. I read the first in the series a couple of years ago and I haven't been able to ..."

I think John did an excellent job in the few books he wrote!

message 8: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1606 comments Sherry wrote: "have a great trip, susie!"

Thank you Sherry! I'm ready to go.

message 9: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1606 comments Ann wrote: "Susie: Enjoy your trip and seeing your family! Nice list for July.

Susie wrote: "This is pretty early for me to post, but I'm so excited to be going to North Carolina this weekend to see my young..."

Thanks Ann! At least it's someplace I've never been :)

message 10: by Ceelee (new)

Ceelee | 204 comments I liked your list Susie! I have read some of those series too. I don't think most series books usually hold up to the early books esp when the author appears to be phoning it in just to keep the series going.