Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > sherry's july reads

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (last edited Aug 01, 2018 10:18AM) (new)

Sherry  | 3693 comments where did july go?
a nice mix of summer "fluff" and m/t's.

The High Tide Club- mary kay andrews
Sailing Lessons- hannah mc kinnon
Cottage by the Sea- debbie macomber
Night of Miracles- elizabeth berg
The Other Woman- daniel silva
Before She Knew Him- peter swanson
Watching You- lisa jewell

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1639 comments I haven't read Mary Kay Andrews in a long time. I should give that one a try!

message 3: by OMalleycat (last edited Aug 01, 2018 07:08PM) (new)

OMalleycat | 1448 comments Sherry wrote: Cottage by the Sea- debbie macomber

I've got a Macomber on my Determination list. I like her books when I want something easy to read where I know everything will come out all right in the end.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14624 comments Good question Sherry! July just flew by. Good month!
Sherry wrote: "where did july go?
a nice mix of summer "fluff" and m/t's.
The High Tide Club- mary kay andrews
Sailing Lessons- hannah mc kinnon
[book:Cottage by the Sea|36569489..."

message 5: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3693 comments Susie wrote: "I haven't read Mary Kay Andrews in a long time. I should give that one a try!"

for me, her books are always fun to read.

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3693 comments OMalleycat wrote: "Sherry wrote: Cottage by the Sea- debbie macomber

I've got a Macomber on my Determination list. I like her books when I want something easy to read where I know everything will come out all right ..."

exactly! i read a lot of "those kind" of books in the summer.

message 7: by Karly (new)

Karly | 331 comments Sherry- how was Watching You? I enjoyed Then She Was Gone and would consider reading her other books.

message 8: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3693 comments Karly wrote: "Sherry- how was Watching You? I enjoyed Then She Was Gone and would consider reading her other books."

it was ok. i've liked her other books more-- thought it had too many characters that made for too many storylines. Everyone is watching everyone else, lots of back stories from bullying to crushes made for lots of secrets that made for a twisty story. just had too much "stuff" in it.

message 9: by Karly (new)

Karly | 331 comments Good to know! Perhaps I’ll leave it for further down the line in the tbr...

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8062 comments Sherry, how did you like Peter's new book?

message 11: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3693 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Sherry, how did you like Peter's new book?"

LOVED it. i think he gets better and better with each book he writes. it's an e-book, or i'd give it to you.

message 12: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8062 comments Sherry wrote: "Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Sherry, how did you like Peter's new book?"

LOVED it. i think he gets better and better with each book he writes. it's an e-book, or i'd give it to you."

;-) Guess I'll just have to wait until my Pre-Order comes in NEXT MARCH. Ann, does our Group Read list go out that far, LOL?

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14624 comments It does Carol! We'll be ready for it on release date!
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Guess I'll just have to wait until my Pre-Order comes in NEXT MARCH. Ann, does our Group Read list go out that far, LOL?
..."

message 14: by Ceelee (new)

Ceelee | 206 comments I.love to read Mary Kay Andrew's books! Great summer reads! Haven't that one tet though or the Elizabeth Borg book. She is another author I like to read.