Psychological Thrillers discussion

BOTM Past to Present > ORPHAN TRAIN..by Christina Barker Kline...AUGUST 2018 SUMMER READ

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by stephanie, MOD (new)

stephanie | 804 comments Mod
Thread is now open...Will close after the summer season...

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 286 comments Looks like a fascinating read. The links are up on the BOTM site, too. Happy reading! http://botm.blackdogebooks.com/

message 3: by Jimmie (new)

Jimmie | 162 comments Thank you for posting your website Jim. I have completed my nine month class and I can finally join this group in an enjoyable book discussion.

message 4: by Jimmie (new)

Jimmie | 162 comments I just finished reading Orphan Train. My advise to this group is to read this book. It is a quick and outstanding book. This is a different type of book we read for this group. But trust me, you will really enjoy reading Orphan Train.

message 5: by Farshana (new)

Farshana | 28 comments Just finished reading this book and have to say that even though it doesn't fall into our thriller genre, this is one story that needs to be read by all.

message 6: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 694 comments Mod
I agree

message 7: by stephanie, MOD (new)

stephanie | 804 comments Mod
Thank you Farshana and Ruth..

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan  | 3 comments Just finished this book and it mirrors so much of my family's history that at times I had to stop and wander back to my grandmother's stories..thank you for the suggestions.... incredible reading

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan  | 3 comments Just a quick "history" my "grammy" orphaned at 6years old, farmed out to a family that had 8 children, married off at 16 to a man she didn't know who'd lost his wife in the childbirth of their 2nd child, they went on to have 12 more children. Newfoundland. The stories I have from her are unbelieveable.