Psychological Thrillers discussion

BOTM Past to Present > BEST EATEN COLD,,,by Tony Salter...AUGUST 2018..MEMBER OF THE MONTH

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by stephanie, MOD (new)

stephanie | 1331 comments Mod
Okay Tony, do your thing...thread is now open.....

message 2: by Tony (new)

Tony Salter | 3 comments Hello Everybody,

Thanks Stephanie, although I'm not so sure what "My Thing" actually is, or should be.

I decided to write full time a couple of years ago and Best Eaten Cold was my first novel, released last year.

I don't know where it came from really. I suppose it was the idea that we are all much more exposed to technology than we think and the consequences aren't always about fixing elections or embroiling famous/rich people in scandals.

I wanted to explore what might happen to normal people as well.

The response has been amazing with fabulous reviews/ratings on Amazon, Bookbub and Goodreads. I keep meaning to write a blog to announce reaching a total of 1,000 reviews/ratings. It's a huge milestone for me and the fact that so many of them have been five star is truly humbling.

I released my second novel, The Old Orchard, earlier this year, but have realised (it's all a learning process) that I couldn't push two different books at the same time, so have left it on the slow burner.

Best Eaten Cold continues to sell well and I am coming to the end of the first draft of the sequel which I expect to release in October.

I would be very happy to answer any questions and do hope that you read it and enjoy it as much as everyone else has.

Best wishes

Tony

P.S. As you can tell I'm not great at forum postings:-)

message 3: by Tony (new)

Tony Salter | 3 comments Hi Ruth. Yes. It's changed quite a lot over the past few years, and continues to change, but fathers have a right to take paid leave as well as mothers. The rules are still different, but there are elements of interchangeability. For example, my daughter is currently pregnant with her first child (my fifth grandchild) and they plan for her husband to take six weeks of the total parental leave.

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim Crocker | 292 comments Looks like a fascinating read. The links are up on the BOTM site, too. Happy reading! http://botm.blackdogebooks.com/

message 5: by Tony (new)

Tony Salter | 3 comments Very pleased you're enjoying it!

message 6: by Christine (new)

Christine Marshall This is great that this is the book of the month, I have read it before but have totally forgotten what it is about! this psychological thriller area is perfect for me thanks for having me!
Christine